*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/775512-Nick-I-dreamt-of-Montenegro-and-you
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#775512 added February 19, 2013 at 1:36pm
Restrictions: None
Nick, I dreamt of Montenegro ...and you!
In my dream I am a writer sequestered in Montenegro writing a story about my friend Nick who has always wanted to go there. So I "take him with me"! Every day I try to see through his eyes and write a false memoir based on his personality and the sights of Montenegro, its ancient towns, its deep canyon, its black peaks and wild countryside.

I scrawl a couple poems on abandoned walls where no one looks... so he can find them! As if I've already been there before his trip and he can come across small bits of me ...as if this were a mystery ...with clues.

One month and the book smells, tastes and sounds like Montenegro. I publish it, get it translated ...and then he gets to go for real! Uncovers a special place with his own eyes ...and a bit of dejà vu.

Do I dare go there and write it!

me:

I see "friends" of mine daily. I know they are merely acquaintances, but this is a town of friendly acquaintances.

I don't have friends ...maybe Nick ...but even with Nick and a few others, do I spend enough time actually getting to know them and just BE with them?

On-line connections are good for me; but sharing grilled parsnips and Yorkshire pudding is precious and if there be a carrot or two...

I'm sitting in a place where I know many people. I live in a place where I know and greet and speak with many many more. But I'm still isolated... anyone know what I mean?

A game of cards, a hot cocoa...
39,822

© Copyright 2013 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/775512-Nick-I-dreamt-of-Montenegro-and-you