*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/773538-Hold-On-To-What-You-Believe
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#773538 added February 1, 2013 at 2:24pm
Restrictions: None
"Hold On To What You Believe"
Music is an integral part of each of my days. Frequently I find myself fine tuning my Spotify library so that the tunes match my mood...be it elated, brooding or melancholy. Ever so often I find myself completely immersed in a song that so accurately transcribes my state of being that it transports me to place of clarity and peace. Today that song for me was Mumford and Son's "Hold On to What You Believe". I'm a recent convert and admittedly, I'm not 100% sure of everything that song may be about but today some of the pointed lyrics and the strained, highland-rocker angst tone really swept me up. I had been thinking of someone lost, who is no longer "breathing through the trees" of my landscape. I had been struggling with my own "war torn world" and finding it harder to hold onto what I believe "in the light when the darkness has robbed you of all your sight." Sometimes it just takes a well-placed tune to wipe the ugly words and harsh moments from your memories...if for a few minutes.

I know I need to start writing again, seriously...and not the candy-coated, sex-slick erotica that I've been producing. I appreciate the success I've had with it but it is the easy path certainly and there is much more I could do. I have bigger stories that I am avoiding telling. There are conflicted phantoms demanding audience and a toxic, beautifully damaged protagonist waiting in the wings. I need to wrap them around me, like the music, and let it flow.



© Copyright 2013 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/773538-Hold-On-To-What-You-Believe