*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771812-Of-Bullets-and-Southern-Fried-Chicken
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#771812 added January 16, 2013 at 12:02pm
Restrictions: None
Of Bullets and Southern Fried Chicken
The January 16, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Is there anyone in your life that you would take a bullet for?

Is there anyone in my life I would take a bullet for? If this question were asked three months ago, I would have said my mother. Since is question is asked today, it is a bit difficult to answer. It isn't that I don't have anyone I would take a bullet for the problem today is choosing just one person. I have two grand nieces, two grand nephews, three nieces, seven nephews, two brothers, one full sister, and one half-sister. As you can see, I would have difficulty choosing which one to take the bullet for.

The January 16, 2013 prompt for {item:}
Which food, when you eat it, instantly transports you back to childhood?

Southern fried chicken always transports me back to my childhood. I especially liked my mother's and grandmother's southern fried chicken. When I was a child they fixed the chicken in an iron skillet. Since Mom learned the recipe from Grandma, her chicken tasted like Grandma's. Grandma would dip the chicken in egg and then in a flour mixture. I know she added salt and pepper to the flour, but I can't remember the other spices.

Southern fried chicken
It was always plate lickin'
When Grandma fixed the chicken


Thought for the Day: "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear." - Mark Twain

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771812-Of-Bullets-and-Southern-Fried-Chicken