*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771340-Eternal-Life-One-Persons-View
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#771340 added January 12, 2013 at 12:52am
Restrictions: None
Eternal Life: One Person's View
The January 12, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum If you could live forever, would you? Why or why not?


I am presuming the prompt is referring to the physical body rather then the soul. A person's soul was met to live forever, but the physical body was intended live a short period of time on this earth. Once the physical body has reached it allotted years and then it dies and begins to decompose, while the soul ascends into the next world. When the soul ascends, it takes with it the spiritual attributes it has acquired during its association with the physical body. These attributes cloth the soul in paradise.

Eternal life;
the soul weary of its earthly journey
ascends into its spiritual home
clothed in the attributes
of love,
of faith,
of creativity,
etc.

Would I chose to live forever in this physical body? No. I want to live as long as it is God's will that I remain on Earth, but I would not want to deprive my soul of the joy of paradise by keeping my physical body alive forever. Death is not something to be feared because it opens the door to eternal life for the human soul.

Until the moment of physical death
the door is closed
to eternal life
and the soul cannot open it.

In the Hidden Words, Baha'u'llah says "O Son of the Supreme! I have made death a messenger of joy to thee. Wherefore dost thou grieve? I have made the light to shed on thee its splendor. Why dost thou veil thyself therefrom?" (The Hidden Words of Baha'u'llah, Part 1 ~ From the Arabic, #32)


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771340-Eternal-Life-One-Persons-View