*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770050-Waiting-in-Line
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#770050 added January 2, 2013 at 12:50pm
Restrictions: None
Waiting in Line
The January 2, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is What was the longest amount of time you have spent waiting on line for something? What was it, and was it worth the wait?

Waiting in line
is a sign
that time
is unimportant
to everyone
except you and me.

I can't remember the longest amount of time I've spent waiting in line because I usually watch other people, write in a pen and paper journal I carry with me, read a book, or solve a Sudoku or other type of word or number puzzle. I hate waiting in line without something to do because I always end up watching the numbers on the signs that tell you which number is the next to be served and where to go to get service.

As to what it was I was waiting for... let me think. Considering this is Las Vegas it was probably one of two places. First, is the Department of Motor Vehicles which is a nightmare at the beginning and ending of a week or month. To get into a D.M.V office in a reasonable amount of time without a long and unreasonable wait time one needs to go in the middle of the week or the middle of the month. Second, is the Power Company (NV Energy); every time I have had to go to the NV Energy customer service office, I have had to wait in line and it does not matter what time of day, what day of the week, or what time of the month you go because there is always a line. I prefer to deal with the D.M.V. and NV Energy online. Sometimes this is not possible, but when I can deal with them online I do.

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770050-Waiting-in-Line