*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769531-My-New-Years-Wish
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#769531 added December 27, 2012 at 3:32pm
Restrictions: None
My New Year's Wish
I am married to a wonderful man and father. He would fix the world if he could, and try to hide his anguish when he could not so it would not bring us down. He wakes up every day with the drive to be the best husband and father he can be. He struggles, he fails sometimes but he never gives up. He is loyal, to a fault, and far more patient and understanding than I. He doesn’t possess a malicious bone in his body. He makes our daughter feel as if she is the most beautiful and perfect little girl in the whole wide world. He thinks I can wear anything and look good in it despite the obvious flaws and imperfections of my physique. He works hard to make our home secure and a place we can be proud of. He is generous with our friends and gracious with our families. He is pure and good. We are blessed to share our lives with him and no matter what path our futures take, I know he will make the best decisions he can to care for and protect us because that’s just who he is. He has had to endure a lot these last few weeks and done it all without so much as a grimace or complaint. He has had his values and virtues tossed back in his face and been punished and vilified without merit. I have stood by and watched it all happen, ready to mount a verbal assault at any moment in his defense…only to have him tell me that he only wishes for peace. He asks me to leave it alone and not wage a war he knows he will not win, but to simply let him walk away the bigger person. He is also wiser than me. So, my New Year’s wish is for him…that he know how much he is appreciated and loved and that he is every bit a husband and father to be proud of.

© Copyright 2012 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769531-My-New-Years-Wish