*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767992-To-sleep-to-the-sound-of-waves
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#767992 added December 9, 2012 at 12:55am
Restrictions: None
To sleep to the sound of waves
ME:

Tired. I should just go to bed. It's late; the stars are out; the Caribbean wants to lull me to sleep.

Two peaceful days in Manzanillo after the loud insanity of Puerto Viejo.

I am so NOT a old ganja smoking hippie surfer dude.

And I'm not young either.

Party?

Not.

Took some awesome photos of the sea yesterday. deep blue. today? Heard the howler monkeys, even got a picture. Crabs, birds, stars...

I'm doing okay.The days in Puerto Limón without internet were difficult. I did like the place. First visit in 38 years. Beautiful new cathedral. Lovely old park. But Limon is dirty and worn out. It's a working port and all that implies! Oh, but what a beautiful multi-colored palette of humanity.

Puerto Viejo was also dirty in its own way. And materialistic party party party. Everything and everyone was for sale. Many people are loud, obnoxious, crude. Not my cuppa.

Manzanillo is the end of the road. 'Tain't much here. But it's safe, low-key, cool. Very relaxing.

Today spoke with an Australian world traveler from Queensland, a couple of Ticos who don't have the means to travel but love having all the world come visit them, a Finn from the center of Finland who speaks Swedish who understood my Norwegian, a Norwegian from Oslo who speaks English but who also understood my Norwegian, a young girl from France, a couple from Meath, Ireland... A young man, Jeremy, from Victor Idaho who attends the University of Peace and is working on a thesis on structural violence (like parole and probation).

Listened to the congos (howler monkeys) but didn't speak back. Got a photo and some video.

Ah... the trip that wasn't planned is working out.

Midnight ...to bed?
38.625

© Copyright 2012 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767992-To-sleep-to-the-sound-of-waves