*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764285-Two-Months
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#764285 added October 28, 2012 at 6:40pm
Restrictions: None
Two Months
I didn't realize it had been two months since I blogged. My computer croaked. It has something to do with Windows Vista being the operating system. I've been using my husband's computer when he wasn't using it.

The biggest news is that my mother got remarried. She had known this guy when they were kids. When my mother moved with my grandparents to Jackson in the 1950s, they rented an apartment from his family. Both of them got married to somebody else (in my mother's case, two somebody elses). My other stepfather died four years ago and his wife died one year ago. They got married last Saturday, October 20. His name is Conrad. I actually went to high school with his son, but I don't remember him - he was a year behind me. He also had two daughters, only one of which is still alive. She lives in South Carolina and the son lives around the corner from my mom. He and his family came to the wedding, and I could tell that he felt funny about his dad getting remarried. His parents were married for almost fifty years, so I can see why. My mom was only married to my real dad for around 10 years, only 9 of which I was around for, and to my first stepfather for 23 years, so I'm used to her being remarried. It's kind of odd.

They have bought a house and Mama is going to let us move into her house. We are waiting on the final paperwork to go through on their house, which will take a couple more weeks.

© Copyright 2012 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764285-Two-Months