*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761453-Night-Terrors
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#761453 added September 25, 2012 at 4:56pm
Restrictions: None
Night Terrors
Last night Jaden woke up in a fit of frightened screaming. These were the high-pitched shrieks of a truly terrified little girl. It was heartbreaking to see her so scared. We finally woke her up enough to get her calmed down. She insisted she wanted to watch cartoons and spend about 30 minutes staring at the television without future expression. She was very disturbed but would not tell us what her nightmare had been about. I just assumed it was because she couldn't remember. Night Terrors, I had read about them. I just figured we had reached that unfortunate stage in her development when they might happen. We didn't press her, just let her fall back to sleep. This morning however, we could not resist one more attempt. Jaden sat up and very clearly relayed that her bad dream was about a big bug in her hair...patting the top of her head for emphasis. She then informed us that it was a black bug, a big black bug.

I'm thinking I'll leave the large, hairy spider out of the Halloween decoration roster this year...

© Copyright 2012 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761453-Night-Terrors