*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757451-If-Michelle-Obama-hugged-me
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#757451 added July 30, 2012 at 12:18am
Restrictions: None
If Michelle Obama hugged me...
...I'd hug her back!

ME:

Didn't leave the house yesterday, Saturday. The trip back from Nicoya on Friday was tiring. 08:00 to 11:30 on the bus to San Jose. A half-hour search for keys and chatting with a young Tico who travels. Then a half-hour walk to the other bus station and a one hour wait. I chatted with Steve, a young musician from San Rafael Norte. Then a three hour ride 13:30 to 16:30. I walked home and back to the center for a meeting (18:00, but I was late). I was exhausted by the time I got back around 20:30. Loooong day.

Didn't do much today either except go to the feria where there were presentations and booths of local businesses and development cooperatives in the Brunca region. Bought 500g coffee, a change purse and man-bag (both Boruca style). Bought food on the way back because I didn't have any in my apartment.

Catching up:

On internet! Fixed while I was gone. Called family. Been on facebook a lot. Too much to do in one day or one week. I'll never catch up.

Olympics:

Day Two and 31 countries have medaled from every continent except Antarctica.

I thought the flame was impressive. Although... the delegation from Mexico was more colorful.

It's on TV here and I should be able to catch quite a bit of it.

Floods:

Rain here but not like on the Caribbean side. Matina, Siquirres,Talamanca and Turrialba have been devastated with roads out and no water in places. Over 25 communities affected. People missing.

Hugs:

Michelle Obama puts her arm around the Queen and gets criticized. Then this week she hugs every member of the US basketball team and gets criticized? An on-line poll (of thousands) had 34% saying YES! to an MO hug with 54% saying NO!

I don't get it. Who would refuse a hug from a warm human being? And a nice one! Forget that she sleeps with the president. Are Americans (or just people in general) that cynical and offish?

I can understand why someone who never accepts hugs would say no but that is NOT over 50% of the population in my experience. What am I missing here?
32.318

© Copyright 2012 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757451-If-Michelle-Obama-hugged-me