*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751249-I-went-to-Buenos-Aires
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#751249 added April 19, 2012 at 12:27am
Restrictions: None
I went to Buenos Aires...
...southeast of here 1 hour.

me:

I took a picture of the church, the park, the market...

Did the usual: had a pinto, coffee, walked around. At the Muni I asked about where the writers were ...well, they had no idea. A bit irked that I received no messages, but I've been really wanting to go to Buenos Aires anyways. I'd been through there many times.

At the meeting on Friday I need to be careful what I say. Whining won't work and being pouty is worse. I can truly say I had a nice visit to Palmar and Buenos Aires this week and leave it at that. *Smile*

The exciting part of the trip was when the bus broke down on the way back. It took two hours. Oh well. We were stranded in La Fortuna ...nowhere... I renamed it Des-Fortuna. *Smirk*

I am fortunate to meet interesting people. Robin is 20, works for his uncle, lived two years in Canada, was in Austria in March... Is studying languages. Which is good because he's going to Brasil. Not all Ticos stay at home.

The trip there and back again cost about $4. Which is fairly cheap. In other ways though, Costa Rica isn't exactly cheap and this region isn't exciting. Just pineapple fields in Buenos Aires ...that's all. Pérez Zeledón is more vibrant.

There was an article today about good places to retire to. It mentioned Cuenca, Ecuador. I should check it out. There and Quetzaltenango, Guatemala. Both are university towns with a mixed polulation and... if I'm right, both are in the mountains.

Tomorrow I go to market and catch up with other things.
29.088

© Copyright 2012 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751249-I-went-to-Buenos-Aires