*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751187-Most-of-my-Culture-shock-concerns-Family
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#751187 added April 17, 2012 at 10:48pm
Restrictions: None
Most of my Culture shock concerns Family
April 16, 2012, Monday, Day 16 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is "Share the most extreme case of culture shock you've ever experienced." Definition: Culture Shock is a condition of disorientation affecting someone who is suddenly exposed to an unfamiliar culture or way of life or set of attitudes.


I’m not sure whether this counts as culture shock or not, but the closest I came concerns a family member by common law marriage. The problem is that he won’t listen. I don’t mind having to fix things after he gets finished, what I do mind is his extreme prejudice and using a word I have ask him not to use.

I ask him not to use a specific insult to another race and he ignores me. I understand that was how he was raised, but that’s no excuse. That is especially no excuse for ignoring my request not to use the offensive word. I’ve tried changing the subject, but that doesn’t help. Right now my only option is to leave the room and make sure that all the windows and outside doors are shut so at least the neighbors don’t hear.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer



© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751187-Most-of-my-Culture-shock-concerns-Family