*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750879-I-have-a-sense-of-humor-on-Funny-Friday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#750879 added April 13, 2012 at 3:14pm
Restrictions: None
I have a sense of humor on Funny Friday
April 13, 2012, Friday, Day 13 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is It's April 13th, so let's play with the format of these prompts with our new friday prompt format! Yes, it's Funny Friday! IN fact, every Friday will now be known colloquially as "Funny Friday". "Describe your sense of humour. Give some examples of things you find funny!"


I have a sense of humor! Despite the fact that I cannot tell a joke without ruining it, I have a sense of humor. I have always found numerous events and actions amusing, but now that I am my Mother’s 24/7 caregiver my sense of humor as escalated to an entirely new level.

All right, Alzheimer’s disease is not amusing; it is a horrid disease and slowly steals the memory and mind of the person suffering from it. However, some of the things my mother comes up with, especially when she wakes up in the middle of the night and does not realize that she just had a dream can be amusing and sometimes even funny.

There was the incident of the “man in the middle booth”, which I think I wrote in an earlier entry in this blog. Then there is the television, it took me a few minutes to realize that Mom thinks the people on the T.V. shows are really in the house. A few weeks ago, Mom and I were watching the news. Mom asked me when the people were going to leave. Since she and I were the only two people in the house, I was not sure what she was talking about, but after a few questions, it dawned on me she was talking about the new anchors. After thinking about this incident for a few minutes, I had to smile, kiss Mom on the cheek, and turn the television off.

The next thing I was going to put in this entry was the joke about the religious horse. I hope I do not screw this joke up too much.

I guy bought a horse. (I cannot remember whom he bought the horse from.) Anyway, the seller told him that the horse was religious and responded to only two commands. One of the commands was “Praise the Lord” and the other one was “Oh, God” (at least, I think that was the other command). The command to get the horse to run was “Praise the Lord” and to get it to stop “Oh, God”.

The man paid for the horse, got on, and said, “Praise the Lord”. The horse began to run at top speed. The guy did not worry about the speed until he realized they were approaching a cliff and he could not remember how to stop the horse. Finally, at the edge of the cliff and in desperation he shouted “Oh, God!” He was so relieved that the horse stopped at the edge of the cliff he said, “Praise the Lord.”

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750879-I-have-a-sense-of-humor-on-Funny-Friday