*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750423
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: XGC · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #1859123
This is a collection of horror stories.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#750423 added April 9, 2012 at 5:30pm
Restrictions: None
Green Thumb
         Jasmine Breach was one of the bitchier females in the neighborhood. She thought far too highly of herself to jog with the women she perceived as lower than her, which included everyone. When Lisa Jeffries saw her one morning and tried to jog with Jasmine, she was ignored until Lisa turned off onto another road.
         Jasmine's route took her around the outskirts of the neighborhood, keeping her as far away from the other, lesser women in the neighborhood. The outlying streets, Ellis, Monroe, and Milton, surrounded the oldest section of the neighborhood, home to the largest houses in the area. The giant, stone mansions rose up amid a sea of foliage, carefully placed to have the most aesthetically pleasing display possible.
         In the middle of Walker Lane, where Adolphia Crossing ended, there was a giant hill of various foliage, spilling out onto the sidewalk. Jasmine ran by the hill of vines and plants and ferns daily, but today something was different. As Jasmine came up on the giant mesh of plants, she noticed something sticking out of the brush. It was yellowed color, but definitely nothing she had seen on the structure before. As she reached the foreign object, she saw that it was a weathered stack of papers, coiled into a tight roll and shoved into the bush.
         Curious, Jasmine looked back and forth, making sure no one saw her about to touch trash, then when she was sure it was clear, she grabbed the paper and held it down at her side. As she went to leave, she noticed that what had been holding the paper was an oddly shaped branch. It was sticking out about six inches, and on the end was a thick vine with five smaller vines protruding from it. They were wrapped like a fist and the papers fit into the hole as if it had been holding them.
         Jasmine shoved the papers into the waistband of her track pants and continued her jog home.
         When she arrived at her front porch, she pulled the papers out of her pants and sat down on the glider on her porch. She began to unroll the papers and lay them on the bench next to her. Each of them were normal pieces of notebook paper with hand-written entries on them. The writing was tiny, two lines of print for each line marked on the paper. The margins were full as well, as if someone had a very limited supply of paper to write on, or was not a fan of wasting resources.
         When she had finished pulling the papers apart, as a few had traces of tree sap on them, causing them to stick at the corners and edges, Jasmine found that there were twenty-four pages, each entirely full of writing. Jasmine attempted to read the entries, but with the state of the papers, having been rolled up, and the size of the writing, she was unable to get a good idea of what they said.
         She took them into the house and grabbed one of the encyclopedias from the bookshelf, and shoved the pages into the center of the book, then replaced it on the shelf with the other books. She wiped the dust from her hands on the side of her track pants, then went upstairs to change for her day.
© Copyright 2012 GorGoromles (UN: dedwinhedon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GorGoromles has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750423