*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749804-Day-One-and-Two
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#749804 added March 29, 2012 at 10:30pm
Restrictions: None
Day One and Two...
...and a three and a four.

me:

Day One:

Argh... plane, plane, plane, bus, bus...

I left my place in Montana tired, dazed and confused. Asked Nick whether he knew the way to the airport ... *Frown* ...he was the wonderful friend who picked me up on the 2nd!

4 pm. Plane left at 5:30 pm. Then ...six hours in Salt Lake (bland like Utah but nice ...not a pain like some places). Airport food prices were not inflated. Had a coffee at Starbucks and a fish and a cheeseburger at Burger King. Very surprised by the international workforce...

No real rest on the flight to Atlanta. Nice short Dutch man from Florida next to me; I had the middle seat; I don't think I had a choice when I reserved. Atlanta airport? Needs moving sidewalks. Train was neat. Arrived in A ...went to E. Bland seating area except for the sculptures of carrot and corn. Ate an Arby's sandwich with a jamocha. Good except a piece went down wrong and I had to vomit (not much and no big deal).

To San José: third flight with no food. Sat next to a Kentuckian. I did have tomato juice (which I only drink on planes) and an orange juice. Peanuts or cookie? Not much to sustain although gingery cookies were good with tomato juice.

Long line going through Customs but no problem. Caught Tuasa bus and arrived in the city then walked many blocks to Musoc and left for home on the 2:30 bus.

Sat in the front next to a young man from Palmares/Desamparados who was on crutches. Plenty of fog and rain. Bought cheese and pan casero at El Trailero to take home because I knew there was no food in the house.

Dry in San Isidro. I walked home... which was a mistake. Backpack was too heavy and it really wore me out.

Home around 6 pm. 26 hours after leaving my other home. *Rolleyes*

Television? Not in the livingroom! *Shock* Then I remembered ...I'd moved it to the bedroom... *Blush* Okay... I was very very tired.

No water. Mari told me that there wouldn't be water until 7 pm as there were water restrictions between 1 and 7 due to the drought.

When water came on I took a shower and then moved and turned on the tv and watched the futbol game. Our team hosted second place Saprissa and managed to defeat them 1-0. Not a pretty game, especially towards the end, but our Guerreros have 34 points and have a cushion in 1st place with 34 points. Saprissa has 28; Cartaginés 27; Santos de Guápiles 25. We are almost assured to qualify now for the summer playoffs.

Then crash ...off to bed. *Smile*

Day Two:

Woke up at 6:15 am but forced myself to sleep in to catch up. Up at 9ish. Day was already muggy.

Did some unpacking but frankly, that isn't a priority.

Went to town 11ish. Went to market and had a pinto with egg. *Smile* Said hello to Adoni (I'll visit him tonorrow). Then off to the farmer's market. Bought a variety of vegetables including nísperos and papá (both new to me). Saw the usual suspects including Sam and Ilena. Spoke to Rafael a student of tourism at UNA. New people/old people. I greet them all!

Side trip to Palí for drink mixes, eggs and toilet paper... so, now I have taken care of both ends...

Once home I greeted Candela (who is quite pregnant now) and the other small dog who hangs out here. Met the landlord Steve who came back from California (where his mother is dying from cancer). Nice chat.

And here I am in front of the tv again.

But ...it's time to check on the water...

Yep! I can make a cup of coffee. *Smirk*
28,452

© Copyright 2012 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749804-Day-One-and-Two