*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749393-High-school-students-and-military-recruiting
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#749393 added March 22, 2012 at 8:03pm
Restrictions: None
High school students and military recruiting
March 22, 2012, Thursday, Day 22 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is "Should the military be allowed to recruit at high schools?"


There are pros and cons to this with both sides having valid points. Since the United States has an all-volunteer army, it is important to for the military to use every opportunity to attract qualified recruits. However, I do not think high school students should receive only information on the positive things the military can give them.

In order to make good decision high school students need to know both the positives and negatives about a career in the military. The need to know what could happen to them in combat. High school students today are capable of making good career decisions if they have all the information readily available. It is unfair to expect them to make a decision that will affect the rest of their lives without knowing both the negatives and positives of a military career.

If there were a draft, the students would have little choice about going into the military. There is not a draft. Going into the military is one of the choices that students have and they need all the information available to make good choices. I have no problem with the military recruiting in high schools as long as they provide students with both the pros and cons of military service.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749393-High-school-students-and-military-recruiting