*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746747-Emotion
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1300042
All that remains: here in my afterlife as a 'mainstream' blogger, with what little I know.
#746747 added February 8, 2014 at 3:46am
Restrictions: None
Emotion
Take the emotion out of your writing and what do you have? Logic?

It is difficult to censor onself when trying to communicate an opinion that is intrinsically linked to your heart. As a writer, you try to separate yourself from the paste, but the harder you flail in this morass the more you're stuck.

I want to shout from mountain tops, but the echos back reveal how illogical my rants can be. How else can I vindicate these feelings and be understood, even if I don't see eye to eye with others? Do I write it down and shove my musings in a drawer, so to speak, only to look at the scrawling days later and wonder what were you trying to convey?

No.

Write it down -- all the emotion. Feel foolish and don't self-edit those lusty words in the heat of passionate writing. Writing is part of the growing and healing process. Get it all out -- angry, sad, whatever. It's heartfelt. That's what's important. You will be judged. Criticism is the hard part of the maturation process.

With a discerning audience viewing your insanity, what will they think of you if you sound like some psycho coming unglued? You don't have to blog everything, just take a little time to seperate from those feelings you have writ and use the forementioned retrospect to get some clarity. Just don't lock it away forever. You might forget why you even wrote.

And, when you pull this epistle to yourself out of the drawer, is your passion still alive, or does it die in the dark like the rest of your thoughts and opinions that never truly become expressed and see the light of day outside of your skull?

Be true to yourself. You know what's right in your heart as you listen to the critics or the silence. Your resistance, arrogance, defiance and the rest are what define your words in these moments. Don't burden yourself with unexpressed emotions that uncorked could breathe like a properly aged bottle of wine.



Okay, I didn't know how to sum this up and have been writing and rewriting these thoughts for several days. I could use some examples to make my points clearer, but am mentally whatever the writer's version of tongue-tied is right now.

© Copyright 2014 Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746747-Emotion