*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746620-Day-of-the
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#746620 added February 8, 2012 at 1:04pm
Restrictions: None
Day of the...
...dragonfly.

ME:

At home. Doing nothing. Watching television and U.S. election results. Hoping it cools off tonight. Today was steamy, especially in the late morning.

I didn't feel well by 1 pm and decided to take the bus most of the way home (36¢) rather than walk. I just was feeling weak. Took a three hour nap. Had a temp. I get woozy...

While waiting for Zohar at the bank I saw dragonflies. No sense in trying to capture them on my camera. I wasn't that near and moving objects are miserable, especially on zoom. Then got him off to the beach in Dominical.

And going back in time... Yes, Zohar got here. He was my first couch-surfer guest and a very congenial one. I had him sleep on a mattress that Mari loaned me. Got him up by 7 something after a late night.

Midnight is late for me. Johnny stopped by late and when Mari got home even later we-four sat and talked. Johnny is the youngest but has his own business and has visited Germany, France, Italy, Dominican Republic and Peru. Mari went to school to become a doctor in Cuba. Zohar grew up in Ukraine and then in Israel before moving to Toronto, Canada. All three are in their twenties. All three know what it is like to move outside one's comfort zone. Awesome people.

The meal. Fried four types of fish: vela, corvina, bolillo, marlin rosado. Cut up vegetables and fruits. Heated up the "stew" (the olla de carne sin carne). Zohar took photos ...bless him. It all looked wonderful and was well received. Me? I wasn't hungry.

Earlier still: I picked Zohar up at the busstop as he got off. He was tired after walking 25 km up to Chirripó (the highest point in Costa Rica) and down. He was sore. But... he was willing to stay up and meet my friends. He's a very good traveler and hosts numerous people in Toronto.

I had spent the day shopping. The fish, some other food, 2 mugs, 4 spoons, 4 forks. Had to be prepared for guests.

In summary: I used to have parties. I used to have house guests. I did this for over 20 years. I haven't since 2003. To cook. To have a place that someone can visit me. My own place. My own life...

It was a day of dragonflies. Haven't seen them in a long time.
27.046

© Copyright 2012 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746620-Day-of-the