*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745691-This-ones-about-the-most-boring-room-in-my-house
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#745691 added January 26, 2012 at 8:35pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the most boring room in my house.
THE PROMPT: "Write about what one would see in your closet right now. What's the most valuable thing you keep inside of it that didn't come from a store?"

Hey everyone! What's the good word? Pretty much the same thing over here. No worries at the moment, so life is good.

Be prepared for what could possibly be the most boring entry ever in the history of the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS. What's in my closet? Clothes and shoes. And belts. And ties. And a backpack. That's it.

Actually, no, that's not it. Technically I've got three closets. My clothes closet in the hallway by the bedrooms, a tool closet in the basement, and kind of a cubby, with shelves, but big enough to be a closet.

The tool closet is on one end of The ManCave, right under the stairs. I guess you could say I share it with justjessica1. Come to think of it, I may not even have much of anything in there. My tool box is in the upstairs front closet on the shelf under the jackets we rarely wear. Let me check...yup, the only belongings of my own in there are a roll of packing tape, a window insulating kit I bought years ago for 542 (my old apartment, for those who don't know what 542 is), and some tap lights I also bought for 542. Nothing of any value to me. However, Jess' tool box was a gift from her parents when she went out on her own. I'm sure it has plenty of value to her; it's one of those nice, thick plastic rugged ones, with an engraved nameplate on it. There are two types of people in this world: those who break things, and those who fix things. I'm definitely the breaker, and she's certainly the fixer. *Wink*

The cubby in the opposite corner of The ManCave has a large and a small file cabinet with documents, warranties and other types of statements and paperwork. The small cabinet also has some things from Jess' boys when they were little, so I'm sure that means something to her. The shelves are big enough and deep enough to store our luggage. But behind the small file cabinet is a box. And inside that box is every card, note, memento or significant little gift Jess has ever given to me...from the first time she wrote her phone number down for me all the way to the card from this past Christmas. Of all three closets, that may be worth more than all the shoes, clothes, belts, ties and tools combined.

Other than that box, I never really kept many things of value to me in a closet. I used to keep them in a drawer, but that was back at 542, when I had a third dresser. I know, I'm a guy and all, but I have a lot of clothes. I actually own more clothes than Jessica. I think it's just because I have a hard time parting with clothes I like. Now I'm down to two dressers, one closet, three drawers under the bed and a trunk at the foot of the bed (the top of which serves to store more clothes), and I still have clean clothes in laundry baskets that don't really have a home. Did I mention I usually have nothing to wear *Laugh*? All of that after we moved here and I started to go through my clothes to see what I could donate to Amvets. Guess it's time to go through them again. *Rolleyes*

Wow...an entire entry that went from the contents of my closet to the clothes I wear (and I'm almost positive I've worn 90-95% of every piece of clothing I've owned in the last two years). Yup, this kid's got the life. *Laugh*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqhZVs-MSGU

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Other than that Eminem song about his closet, anyone know any decent songs about closets? Yup, me neither. I'd play ya that one, but it's in the bylaws of this here interwebs connectivity stopover that the posting of songs by Eminem are not allowed for the sole purpose of sharing content related to the written materials. It's all here in this entry, titled "This one's about the bylaws." You can find a a read-only file in this section of my port...just look for the folder with "This Is A Fancier Way Of Saying I've Got $5 That Says Julie D - PUBLISHED! Posted That Eminem Song In Her Entry" in it. That folder does allow ratings and comments.

So in lieu of that...your default iPod Classic on shuffle selection is... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05iKNr25FDY

Yup, that might be me on occasion at karaoke, just like that. The belly-rub at the 2:46 mark is pretty epic.

VITAL STATS:

*Music1* Yes, that's the Beastie Boys backing up the Biz, for the record.

*Tv* Sad day in TV land today...Robert Hegyes, the guy who played Juan Epstein on "Welcome Back, Kotter", was found dead at age 60. This is significant in that when I was five or six, I had a pair of sneakers that were themed after the tv show, and all around the side of the sole it read "Up your nose with a rubber hose." No joke.

*Pencil* Tomorrow starts the serial prompts for the challenge, or as I like to call it, the "part where I have to think longer than it takes to write a regular entry" portion. I fear this.

Yup, like I said, another boring day. Not so tomorrow...on top of the above-mentioned entry, I can't forget all of the errands and chores I have planned for myself after taking Jess to work at 7am (so much for sleeping in on my day off). Returning the shoes I bought at Kohl's a few weeks ago (finally), doing my taxes, a little bill paying and some housework...yup. Can't wait. *Rolleyes* Anyway, I'm gonna move on for tonight and see what the cool kids are up to. Y'all take it easy...GOODNIGHT NOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqr24Mfbw2g

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745691-This-ones-about-the-most-boring-room-in-my-house