*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745666-Caimito
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#745666 added January 27, 2012 at 10:27am
Restrictions: None
Caimito
Caimito: "The Star Apple is a native of the Greater Antilles, including Jamaica, and was introduced from these islands to the rest of the tropical world. When cut crossways, the fruit reveals a star-shaped pattern. Star Apple is frequently combined with oranges and condensed milk to form a dessert called 'Matrimony'."

From: http://www.tntisland.com/fruits.html

De Wikipedia en español: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysophyllum_cainito

ME:

So I bought a caimate. Cut it open. Gave it the evil eye. Spoon in hand, dug into it.

I liked it.

Since it cost me over $1, I was going to try it regardless. I was concerned it would be too acid. It was more custardy and I ate from the white center towards the soft purple edge until only the harder rind and skin remained.

Then like a good boy, I set the rest out for the birds and squirrels. Never know what they might like.

Soon I should put out a bowl of water. It's getting dry.

In other snews: bought a hand of bananas, a mesh of oranges, a mango. But... that was sooooo yesterday. Need to get my butt to the farmer's market to get the rest of what I need for the week.

Watched "Back to the Future #3" this morning. Catching up on movies I've never seen! But after awhile TV does bore me. Thank God for "The Big Bang Theory".

Washed my cloth shower curtain. Cleaned the landing. Heated up cooked rice for breakfast. WOW! Is my life exciting...

When I go to market today:

carrots, camote, ñampí ... and whatever else. Need to find someone who speaks French (preferably as a native).

Peace out.

K
26.710

© Copyright 2012 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745666-Caimito