*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745549-Spirituality--Religion-different-aspects-of-the-same-light
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#745549 added January 25, 2012 at 5:52pm
Restrictions: None
Spirituality & Religion different aspects of the same light
Day 25: January 25, 2012 ~ 30-day Blog Challenge prompt is Write one paragraph about the word spiritual and what you think it means to you. Is being spiritual different than being religious? Do you see yourself ss being either spiritual or religious? Do you have negative inner reactions to those whom you see as being religious or spiritual? Why or why not?


I believe spirituality is continuous movement toward the Divine Essence. To me, spirituality and religion are two aspects of the same light and that light is the Creator, the Divine Essence, and God, who revealed the different religions through different Prophets in different historical ages to guide humanity through different stages of its development.

Spirituality is a path which the seeker after God walks everyday. It is a combination of prayer, meditation, reading the sacred scriptures, faith, developing divine attributes, and asking questions. At different times in my search for God, I have considered myself spiritual and at other times religious. For me part of spirituality is finding a religion that encourages me to ask questions and helps my soul develop divine attributes.

I no longer have negative inner reactions toward those who are religious or spiritual. Negative reactions result from the duality of human nature. A human being has both a soul (spiritual nature) and a body (physical nature). The body is a part of natural evolution and the soul is a gift from God. Body and soul become partners at conception and remain together until the body dies. When the body dies, the body returns to the ground and the soul returns to God by ascending into the spiritual world.

I believe that when the soul ascends to the spiritual world it takes with it the spiritual attributes it developed in its so journey in the material world. The development of these spiritual attributes is spirituality.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745549-Spirituality--Religion-different-aspects-of-the-same-light