*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/744263-Sometimes-an-explanation-is-futile
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#744263 added January 14, 2012 at 8:55pm
Restrictions: None
Sometimes an explanation is futile
Day 14: January 14, 2012 ~ 30-day Blog Challenge prompt is Explain something or someone that you feel is widely misunderstood.


I have thought about this all day, while several subjects have come to mind there is only one misunderstanding I am focused on this evening. This is a misunderstanding (if you can call it that) which my mother has. Mom cries because she wants to see her parents and believes they do not lover her anymore. She believes this because they do not come to Las Vegas to see her.

There is a good reason my grandparent have not visited us. Their bodies lay buried in the cemetery in Blackwell, Oklahoma and their souls are in paradise. My mother does not understand this because she thinks they are still alive on this material plain. She has Alzheimer’s disease and does not remember attending their funerals.

Every night my mother cries because she wants to see them and because she thinks they do not love her anymore. Since Mom has forgotten many of the events in her life, I cannot tell her they have passed on to the next world. When Mom first brought up the subject, I made the mistake of informing her of their burial and it only made her cry more.

Mom dreams about Grandma and Grandpa; she wakes up crying because they are not physically in the room with her. She wakes up crying, since I cannot let her lay in bed crying I go into her bedroom, but I do not know how to explain to her the events she has forgotten without resulting in more tears.

Until now, I thought you could explain any misunderstanding any human being held. I was wrong; sometimes you cannot explain a misunderstanding no matter how wide or narrow the misunderstanding. Sometimes explaining a misunderstanding is futile and you just have to accept the futility of the situation and go on with your life the best you can.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/744263-Sometimes-an-explanation-is-futile