*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/744176-Friday-the-Thirteenth-is-what-you-make-it
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#744176 added January 13, 2012 at 10:49pm
Restrictions: None
Friday the Thirteenth is what you make it
Day 13: January 13, 2012 ~ 30-day Blog Challenge prompt is "Do you believe that bad things happen on Friday the 13th? Give us the reasons why you do or don't. Are there any other superstitions you believe (or don't believe) in?"


Friday the thirteenth is no luckier or unluckier then Thursday the thirteenth or Saturday the thirteenth. If you think a Friday the thirteenth is unlucky then you set yourself up for a self-fulfilling prophecy. If a person has to deal with this type of prophecy then why not consider Friday the thirteenth lucky, at least that way when you encounter something good you will recognize it.

Anther consideration is the numeric root of thirteen, which is four. If thirteen is unlucky then four should be unlucky as well. I doubt that four is unlucky, unless you are in a foxhole at midnight and in the middle of battlefield with three other smokers and the only thing you have to light your cigarettes is a match. If you use the match (or lighter) to ignite the cigarettes then a sniper will take aim and shoot at least one of you. (All right, maybe that is the three on a match idea, but four works the same way).

Luck or ill luck is something a person attracts by the way they think. If you believe you are lucky then luck is your companion and it is the same with ill luck. Both concepts have more to do with the way a person thinks then anything else. Therefore, instead of thinking Friday the thirteenth as unlucky think of it as lucky because with luck attitude is everything.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/744176-Friday-the-Thirteenth-is-what-you-make-it