*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/744042-The-Pilot-Light
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1300042
All that remains: here in my afterlife as a 'mainstream' blogger, with what little I know.
#744042 added January 3, 2014 at 7:07pm
Restrictions: None
The Pilot Light
Words. Put them in a sentence. Put sentences together to make a point. And, collect all those points and they point to what? Well, if words and sentences are as aimless as mine....

I think each day about what I should write. I jot down ideas on scraps of paper that disappear for days and months on end only to be rediscovered in a cloud of confusion. What was I attempting?

I push myself to make a blog entry now about what I don't write. And, I think, it's because I think too much. I don't commit these thoughts to a more permanent format...like the blog...not to those lost scraps of incomplete wisdom.

I don't even know if what I'm writing now is going to go anywhere. I am writing for the exercise. And what I am also learning is that I need to read. I don't pick up books. It's easier to click on a computer or television and sit and wait to be entertained. I'm not wading through texts to find hidden gems. I'm not exercising that part of my brain that could create words with some direction.

Am I going to neatly tie up all these thoughts into some pearls of wisdom?



Okay, this is going nowhere. I can accept that. I should write and read more. I'll take that much away from what I've just wrote. Blog tomorrow? I have to kept the flame lit. Don't let the pilot light burn out.

Note to self: write a poem called "The Pilot Light". I challenge anyone reading this to try to do the same. If you beat me to it and do a better job, that will teach me to just idle on these thoughts.


© Copyright 2014 Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/744042-The-Pilot-Light