*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743102-Twenty-twelve-is-not-The-End-of-Days
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#743102 added January 2, 2012 at 11:49am
Restrictions: None
Twenty twelve is not The End of Days
Day 2: January 2, 2012 ~ 30-day Blog Challenge prompt is “2012 to others is a tragic year since it is associated with end of days. Express your sentiments on this.”


Sunset is the end of one solar day and the beginning of another. For countless aeons, the earth has turned on its axis and moved around the sun. The planet has moved from sunset to sunset, from day to day, from year to year, and from season to season. Life has evolved and living creatures were born and died.

Eventually humans evolved and Homo sapiens, in their present form, dominated Earth. Hunter-gathers united into tribes, then into farming communities followed by cities and city-states. City-states united into nation-state, but humanity had not stopped advancing. The next stage for humanity is planetary unity.

At present, humanity and the nations its components inhabit are feeling the birth pangs of a new stage in cultural evolution. The Earth and its inhabitants are moving toward a planetary cultural and government. What this will look like, we cannot say because we are in the process of its birth.

Some things about this new culture we can deduce simply from looking at the past. When city-states become part of nation-states, the cities and their cultures became part of the culture of the nation. Therefore, we can presume that a similar fate awaits the nations of the earth. The nations, their cultures, and their will become a part of the whole.

Twenty twelve is not the end of days. It is the year when the contractions and the birth pangs of a planetary unity will increase.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743102-Twenty-twelve-is-not-The-End-of-Days