*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742711-This-ones-about-the-long-term
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#742711 added December 28, 2011 at 11:51pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the long term....
What is up, ladies and gentlemen? I'll tell you this...I am, and barely at that. What's pulling me through this day? It's simple. While I'm still not over my sickness from the last week (and standing out in the cold braving the Bills game at Ralph Wilson Stadium on Xmas eve didn't help), finally, something very amazing and powerful happened.

Instead of being the one who gets sick off of someone else's sickness, I pretty much got sick on my own (and I'll blame the tempermental weather 'round here). And boy, did I do a really good job of passing it around. Jess and Josh have it. Some coworkers have unsilently motherfucked me for catching it. And let this be a warning to you all...I said it comes and goes quick...well, it doesn't. I'm feeling it in my throat again. I just sneezed a ton of times. There may be a second round to this "crazy disease" that everyone thinks I've given them. Yet when I catch your illnesses, I don't say a word. Why? Cuz I'm too sick to be funny. My synapses are fighting germs, thank you. You can be upset with me for taking a sick day during the busiest time of year, or you can realize, once I've gotten you sick, that my sicknesses are above a level you're able to fuck with. I don't call in sick for a reason. I show up, half dead. It takes a lot to proclaim myself unfit for the public to see/touch wrong.

That was a pretty nice tangent. The point was, "When I get that sick, it's serious." I've battled through the yearly cold before, but nothing quite like this. And what the hell's the point of sick days anyway? May as well use them when you're sick, if ya got 'em.

MUSICAL BREAK:

The intended probably won't see this, and won't understand it if she does. At this point, she doesn't know me anymore anyway, and that's her choosing as far as I'm concerned. When you stand up for yourself in a family that is beyond dysfunctional, none of the personalities stands to win. If any of them wants to claim me, this is what they get from me. Happy b-day, sis. I can't believe any of you. At all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwo_HhhF0Js

VITAL STATS:

*Bullet* So my estranged dad texted Jess the other day (out of the blue), about how sorry he was about "being crazy recently". He hasn't spoken to us in almost two years! Had to have been texting the wrong person. Needless to say, Jess texted him back with "I accept your apology, but I can't forgive you, and maybe you should text your son." I haven't heard a peep from him. Guess he's being crazy to other people too now. And that's sealed the deal for me...I'm not having kids. I don't need this bullshit. The bloodline needs to end with me. I have enough problems of my own. I don't need to be passing them down to society.

*Bullet* I hope this isn't as uncomfortable for you as it was for me. I didn't mean it to be.

*Bullet* Hot lady needs to get the unsick kid out of our bed soon so I can get to bed at a decent hour...them crazy movie-watchers. Hot lady needs to get on the side of well soon also...we've got some unfinished business to copulate. Or something.

And then I said "GOODNIGHT NOW!!"

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742711-This-ones-about-the-long-term