*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741414-This-ones-about-the-food-coma
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#741414 added December 9, 2011 at 7:58pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the food coma.
What's up people? Sorry if I seem a little out of it...after an absolutely shitty day at work, I figured I deserved a damn good dinner. And since no one else is home, I can get away with it. Now, before the meal sets in and I'm rendered useless in front of the tv barely able to consume adult beverages while watching hockey, I'll share it with you.

My buddy G-Stamm's girl's family basically are http://www.sausageguys.com/, runnin' their little deli in The 'Lo, and they sell a phenomenal product...hot chicken breast. Think traditional deli-style chicken breast slices that you'd put on a sang-wich, but it's coated and injected with Frank's Red Hot sauce. Mouth watering, indeed. So I get me a jalapeno/cheddar tortilla wrap, pile on a couple thick slices of the chicken, add some Ro-Tel canned tomatoes with diced chiles, top it with some Rootie's bleu cheese dressing, shredded cheddar and a little dousing of the almighty Frank's Red Hot, wrap it up, throw it in the toaster oven to warm it up and melt the cheese, and *Bigsmile*. Appetite fulfilled, fo' sho. Or, as G-Stamm translates for my Mexican readers, "por supuesto!" (Never thought the blog arena here would get all bilingual on ya, did ya? Did ya?!?)

Needless to say, I'm stuffed beyond comprehension. And I mean that when I say that...when I'm full, I lose about 30% of my brain's capacity to function properly. Normal things that happen out of muscle memory can go awry. I become a walking, babbling, sleepy creature. But a damn satisfied one.

And as good as they are, I need to lay off them. That's the third hot chicken wrap I've had this week, and my digestive tract, I believe, is preparing to secede from the rest of my body after all of the heat it's been fed. But I dare say, it's amazing how a good meal can rapidly turn a day around.

CHRISTMAS MUSICAL BREAK!!

A fitting song for a food coma, which many of you I'm sure will suffer from at one point or another this holiday season. Also fitting? I work a rare mid-shift tomorrow, so not only will I be hitting the sheets a little early tonight, I'll be able to sleep in a little as well.

Only the hardest of the die-hard fans of this band will know this song. For the members of their fan club, every year or so around the holidays they would send their members a limited-edition 7" vinyl single featuring rare and otherise-unreleased material. This was among one of their first gifts to members. Years later it appeared on their 2-cd "rarities" collection. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzjgMXseMvg

VITAL STATS:

*Snow1* I'll resist every urge to blog during the Sabres' game as soon as I shut this down. Especially after the last debacle, when the Sabres blew a 3-0 lead against the hated Flyers and lost in OT, 5-4.

*Snow1* While I'm in the local plugging spirit (and this commercial is on during a break in the game), check out this website if you're like me and you love cheese. http://www.yanceysfancy.com/ Great cheese, great recipes...mmmmm, cheeeese....

*Snow1* Interesting article in The Buffalo News' Gusto section regarding local Christmas music. http://www.buffalonews.com/entertainment/gusto/music/concert-previews/article665... I'll have to check some of that out, since some of the shows happen practically down the street from me.

Alright, I'm done. Time to veg. Go Sabres. And GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741414-This-ones-about-the-food-coma