*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/739488-Snow-sifts-through-the-valley
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#739488 added November 14, 2011 at 5:31pm
Restrictions: None
Snow sifts through the valley
ME!!!!!!!!!

Okay... time to get over me, myself and I.

A bit depressed or calm? What's the difference? I am writing. I am getting out. I'm ignoring the pile of dirty shirts. I promise I'll take them to the laundromat. I promise I'll lose 30 pounds (2 stone). I eat parsnips and gallo pinto. I drink too much coffee.

It is snowing out.

What I wrote (edited) in my Journal to Gary (page 2855):

Snow sifts through the valley. The sky has become bored in the mountains, descended to rest on the hills. It's cold up there, clouds whimper. Wrapping itself with a blanket of ermine, all turns to white. In the valley warm pavement glistens, listens to the soft-shoe of flakes, be patient, we will cover you too. Crows take off in flight in-gathering all color, taking it with them, out-of-sight. Winter's-light fills the valley, the nebulous grey, a soft shade of grey, almost white. Snow-in-the-mountains, snow-on-the-hills. The river tugs at the duvet and the valley snuggles under. Flakes as light as goose feathers, a soft-sift, no-shadow, a sparkle almost bright.


So... called Esfan; called Nick. Mandy didn't answer. Spoke to my mother and aunt. When I say no-one calls me, it's in the context of once-upon-a-life, I lived though the phone and going over to friends. Now I communicate through facebook... but; I feel more isolated. That's why visiting the coffee shops and Senior Center is so important. I can confirm what my former-friends only suspect ...that I still exist.
25,084

© Copyright 2011 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/739488-Snow-sifts-through-the-valley