*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/736801-Wind-Rider-chapter-2-Dancing-in-the-Fog
by Ace
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1818106
A young aviator looses the only family he has and now sets of to find the men responsible
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#736801 added October 13, 2011 at 5:46am
Restrictions: None
Wind Rider chapter 2 "Dancing in the Fog
chapter 2 “Dancing In the Fog”


          It’s been six hours since me and Lilith set out, the Star Pixie was now starting to get low on gas and there was a thick fog over where La’dea Corra should be. To add to the problem is the fact that the tower is silent and there are no landing lights on the runways. I sighed and said “Well we have two options. Wait for the fog to clear, or we cross our fingers and hope I can land safely.”

         Lilith Looked up at me smiled and said “Go for it Jay! I know you can do it.” "Thanks Lil that means a lot. OK it’s all or nothing!” I respond as I circle round to land and drop the gear. As I dove to land in the fog I could feel Lilith shaking in my pocket as the fog engulfed the Star Pixie. Sweat was running down my face as I watched the altimeter drop rapidly 3,500, 3,000, 2,500, 2,000, 1,500, 1,000, 900, 800, 700. 600, 500, 400, 300, 200. 200 feet we broke through the fog, I barely managed to get the nose up in time to land safely.

          Lilith clapped and shouted “See I knew you could do it!” I smiled half heartedly and said “Yeah, piece of cake.” In truth I was scared stiff and thought I was going to piss myself, but I wouldn’t say it out loud. As I taxied off the runway I could see very little fog was starting to get thicker by the second. I stopped at an empty spot in the second line, then slide back to the canopy and cut the engine. Lilith climbed out of the pocket, fluttered up to my face and started to glow softly. She then said “Sorry. That’s as bright as I can glow.” I sighed and replied “That’s OK it’s better than nothing. And I said no more putting you down. Do it again and I’ll lock you in the glove box.” Laughing as I climbed out of the cockpit and set the chocks.

          Lilith giggles and nods, then she Landed on my right shoulder, I wandered in the fog for what felt like hours. Something felt wrong. It was as if darkness was stalking Lilith and me. But we eventually found the fuel truck and as luck would have it the key was not in it. “Figures. Now where is that be damned key?” I searched the cab but no luck, I clime out, trying to think of where else the key could be. Then I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head as I blacked out I hear a loud yelp from Lilith and at that moment all I could think of is please let Lilith be alright.

          I awoke in a hanger tided to a chair in front of me was what I could only assume was a feline class bio-trooper. Her fur was red with brown patches, one around her left eye; she wore a tattered blue uniform and a sergeant’s cap. Her yellow eyes stared strait at me not blinking. I locked my eyes on her and shouted “Where’s Lilith? If you hurt her I swear I’ll skin you alive, you Bitch!! You hear me!!.” The sudden out burst caught the cat-girl so of guard that flipped backward in her chair and she clenched her ears in pane at the loud noise “Me-ow!” she cried “Stop yelling so loud!” I blinked then shouted “Stuff it fur ball! Where’s Lilith? What did you with her?!” “Me-ow ow ow! Stop yelling!!!” she cried as she rolled over onto her knees, tears rolling down her furry face, her tail frizzed out and standing striate up.

          I stopped yelling and gave her a chance to answer me after softly saying “Well?” As she got to her feet a new voice spoke “Damn all that noise over this little thing?” a serpent class bio-trooper slowly slithered around the chair then her tail wrapped round me and at the vary tip was my partner Lilith wrapped snugly by the tip of her long red tail sound asleep the woman, then the said “What I’d like to know is how she can sleep through all your yelling?” Ignoring the two bio-troopers I focus on Lilith, I watched her char fully and started to calm down when I saw her berthing, I then turned my eyes to the snake woman and said “If you hurt her I will turn you in to a snake skin parachute!” I then looked at the cat and shouted at her “And I’ll make a seat cover and a new outfit for Lilith out of you!” The snake bitch gave me a good squeeze with her coils and said “Stop yelling! It hurts Nako’s ears and if you haven’t noticed your our prisoner, so stop acting like you’re in charge!”

          I glared at the snake slut for a moment then looked at Lilith and said “Lil. Lil. Come on partner wake up, Lilith.” At this slowly woke and looked around then let out a high pitch scream that made both bio-troopers recoil in pain causing the snake to release Lilith and me from her coils and wrapper self up in pain . Lilith looked at me weird, I smiled and said “Nice pipes Lil! Keep screaming and untie me!” Lilith grins wickedly, glowed red and her wings stated to make a humming but to the two bio-troopers it was a high pitched sound that’s very painful. Lilith zipped around and undid the ropes. I looked at Lilith and said “Lilith go hide I’ll see you at the plane latter, OK!” “But-” she started to reply, but I cut her off and shouted “Just Go!” and I ran out of the hanger.

          After I was outside back in the fog and pulled my gun from under my flak vest it was a custom 45 machine pistol with a 14 round clip that Old Timer had gotten when he was younger. I cleared my head and let myself drift in to my fighting mind set. Then the voice of the snake broke the silence “That little pest has run away now it’s just the three of us!” I smiled side stepped the cats lunge and said “OK then let’s dance. In this fog we can have a lot of fun and by the way I told Lilith to bug out till our party’s done. So let’s bust a move lady’s!” I jump in time to doge the snakes attack and bond of her tail spin round and pump half the clip into her back. The snake drops to the ground then the voice of the cat-girl pierces the fog “Koshi!” The enraged cat tackles me with all her might braking several of my ribs. She then stands up, slammed her right foot down on my chest she then shouted “Damn you human you’ll pay for hurting Koshi!” as she ready to finish me of I raised my machine pistol and said “Go join your snake slut in hell bitch!” Then I pulled the trigger emptying the rest of the clip in to her stomach sending her flying backward on to the ground.

          As I stood I saw the fog was clearing I turned and started to walk away and said “That was fun let’s dance again sometime ladies.” Then I heard a voice that made my blood run cold “But we aren’t satisfied yet.” “Me-ow! Yeah purrrr!” I turned in time to see the tail of the snake woman hit me in the face braking my nose. The next thing I knew I’m laying flat on my back staring up at the sky. Then the cat-girl picked me up by the throat with her left hand round my neck she cocked back her right arm about to take my head off. Then her ears twitched and she looked up then the sound of a cannon firing from far above the next thing I hear is a loud explosion. Then I’m on my back again with my ears ringing and every things spinning and blurred.

         As I stair in to the sky a dark figure stood over me then Lilith flew in shouting at the figure as he bent down and picked me up. Then everything went black. The last thought I had was he better not hurt lillith.
© Copyright 2011 Ace (UN: dragonjaj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ace has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/736801-Wind-Rider-chapter-2-Dancing-in-the-Fog