*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/735123-This-ones-about-the-encouragement
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#735123 added September 28, 2011 at 12:05am
Restrictions: None
This one's about the encouragement.
THE PROMPT: "What was the best advice you were ever given? And did you take it??"


Let it be said here that I am notorious for giving excellent advice that I myself would rarely take. I'm good for helping you out while simultaneously laying waste to the existing world surrounding me.

I never put myself in a position where I have to ask for advice; at least, in my head I'm not. And it's not often that I do...no, advice usually comes in the form of unsolicited concern. I can honestly say that 90% of the time I don't mind, but it's the 10% that's unneccesary, or (in extreme circumstances) it's something I'm so jaded and blind to or unaware of that really pisses me off.

But back to the heart of the prompt for a moment. In all my years spent needing others to chime in on what I should do or not do in times of question, there really is one singular moment very big situation that stands out where I was almost shoved advice on a daily basis. Most of it I took...mainly for the simple fact that it was encouragement almost as much as it was advice.

I had already had an established, semi-popular blog on WDC with a small legion of followers, "I'm Studying You. I had made some blogger friends during that interesting time of my life...people who liked what I had to say and how I said it (for the most part). For all those interested, the story starts around entry #166 and rolls on of about 150 entries or so, for all intents and purposes. Not that the other stuff before then isn't interesting, but from around there on out, it details my courting of the daily reminder of some of the best advice and encouragement I ever received...my pursuit of the one and only Jess the CWC. On days where my spirit was broken, the people that read about it were able to lift me up. Their advice and encouragement was something I looked forward to, just as much as they wanted to know about how the pursuit was going. The way we all fed off of each other was very gratifying, and three years into a wonderful relationship, I still can't thank them enough. Noe, Lisa, Hailey, Dee, Cat, Ash, Gaby, Zack, and even Kare *Wink* (and everyone else...can't remember you all), your words provided a lot of the strength I needed to help me get to where we are today.

So, long story short, the best advice I got was advice well taken...if only I could say the same about all the other tidbits of advice. *Rolleyes*

And short story long, well, you know where you can read all about it.

MUSICAL BREAK:

Here's some advice for you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFW2ZlyVXEw&feature=feedu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1k8tk6OZ3w (A most bizarre piece of advice set to an almost ridiculously hilarious video.)

And here's the outcome of the advice-giving toward others versus how it relates to me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc5iTNVEOAg&ob=av2e

VITAL STATS:

*Bullet* Can't wait to see how this "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS pans out. I'm already thinking about doing it again if I'm eligible next month.

*Bullet* The key to views is to read and interact with other bloggers. I'll admit I don't do that nearly as much as I used to (there's a friggin' piece of advice if I ever gave one *Smirk*). Maybe I'll get better at that. I doubt I was at this many views by time I hit over 50 entries in the last one, but I wasn't in any competition either. I had a good concept, I interacted, and people liked it. Whatever...writers by nature tend to be a fickle bunch, I believe.

*Bullet* I think I need to go see a really good concert, really soon. Any ideas?

That's all for tonight...blame it on the Tuesday/Wednesday turnaround at the shop. Need advice? Have a question or concern? Point your mouse over to that blue "Leave a comment" area and have at it. Your concerns and queries will be answered promptly. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/735123-This-ones-about-the-encouragement