*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/735080-Open-House-Etc
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#735080 added September 27, 2011 at 11:13am
Restrictions: None
Open House, Etc.
I have a little more time this morning, but I still feel incredibly scattered.

Saturday, I worked all morning; my parents flew in; I led praise band rehearsal; and we chilled out and ate dinner. I brainstormed things that needed to be done for Sunday's open house.

Sunday, I had church in the morning, and then went straight to the school to prepare for the open house. I created a list, but I always get pulled in so many directions at these events. It was hard to keep up with any one project. I didn't catch all the student performances, but I was able to see all the teachers play and sing, so I was able to honestly compliment them. They were all amazing! I heard several comments from guests about their performances, too, as well as their professionalism, their sincere concern for the kids, and how well they got along with each other. *Thumbsup*

I love my job.

OMFG my dog is driving me crazy. I want out. I want in. I want out. I want in. The second I sit down, he wants out again, every single freaking time. The one time I tire of it and say, forget it, you just want to chase the damn cat, shut up and go lay down... what does he do? He poops on the rug... right under my feet... as if to say, see, Mommy, I really need to go out! And I was so busy trying to finish the one-paragraph email I'd been working on for an our that I didn't even see him do it. So I had a lovely mess to clean up.

Too bad he's so darn cute, or I'd be taking his ass back. I just gave him a wadded up ball of paper to demolish - that should keep him busy for five minutes or so.

Reach 300250? students at MTMS   by 12/31/11.
*Writing* 216.5. Very strange enrollment happenings this week. One student who withdrew changed his mind. One who was going to withdraw just one daughter decided to withdraw both, because they found a teacher who would teach them in her home and work around their "crazy schedule" - we're okay with the withdrawal, more because they always thought we were cheating them than because of their crazy schedule (although that didn't help.)

Writing:
(1) *Thumbsdown* Blog at MT.com   by the end of Wednesday: Still no... by the end of this week. It's turned into a monthly task, so let's shoot for before Friday.
(2) *Thumbsup* 30 minutes of daily freestyle writing: Yes, and 750Words.com thinks I'm an introvert again. But I'm still just journaling and not venturing into fiction or songwriting.

Count points:
Um... no.

© Copyright 2011 Brandiwyn🎶 (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brandiwyn🎶 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/735080-Open-House-Etc