*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734350-This-ones-about-cans-and-cannots
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#734350 added September 18, 2011 at 12:41am
Restrictions: None
This one's about cans and cannots.
THE PROMPT: "Vincent Van Gogh said, "If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint', then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." What is your 'you cannot ____' voice always ragging on you about? Work with your can do Journal and go for it! Having doubts? Write it out!"

Not that I have a running database of quotes in my head, which would be awesome, but what's interesting to me is that I've never heard this quote from a really famous creative guy from around the way. What's even funnier is, of all the things that do run in my head, the guy with the "can't (or won't) do it" voice is probably the hardest-working man in my head.

There's two important factors at play here, for me: 1) My brain's wonderful sense of knowing the least-favorable moment that an anxiety attack should occur coupled with its impeccable timing on delivering a stellar anxiety attack at that moment, and 2) My creatively crippling self-doubt. Luckily, I can muster up enough will to talk myself down, lower my shoulders and bust through that to see something to fruition. Most of the time, at least. Don't ask me how I do it, because I don't have an answer. Maybe it's my fears of failure and letting others down that motivates me. Usually when I get so worked up about someting in that way, it's the end result that makes me think I was foolish to be so nerve-racked in the first place.

Admittedly, there are a lot of things I think I can't do by myself or on my own. Starting a new job, travelling alone to somewhere I really hadn't been to in years, even this contest...those are all examples of the voices in my head saying I couldn't do it. But I had to. And how? Sometimes, you just gotta do. With a little encouragement and the right self-motivation, you can ignore those voices and do just about anything.

MUSICAL BREAK:

Fitting song for today's entry... fake mustaches included at no charge! Man this song always puts me in a great mood! *Smile*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QpkC-ID8Zc&ob=av2e

VITAL STATS:

*Bullet* We've temporarily added another member to the family today (and no, Jess the CWC didn't steal any baby girls...yet). But one of her boys has a friend that's had a tough go at the game of life, and recently was in a bit of a really bad relationship that was only getting worse, so we've taken her in for a little bit to get her feet on the ground and feeling better about herself. She's going away in a few weeks to stay with friends out of state, so we'll see what happens after that. Bet y'all thought Jess was a lil preggers and we hid it, didn't ya? *Smirk*

*Bullet* The Music Is Art festival was a really good time! Lots to see and do, and the bands I wanted to see, well, ok...two of the three bands I wanted to see were amazing! Why can't I say 3/3? Wellllllll, some guy figured the house and car keys were in his girlfriend's purse, since she used the car last, and not on the kitchen counter where they always go. So he went out to the car, hooked up his iPod, everyone came out and got in the car thinking he had the keys, figured he should turn on the car to get the iPod going, and realized he didn't have the keys. It took Jess the CWC about half an hour to get into the house... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3cxkYu4NyA ...no easy feat, to say the least. She definitely earned the Pepsi she had after that...but that a-hole guy's mistake meant they had to miss the first band they wanted to see. *Smirk*

*Bullet* Re: the first bullet point...I hope a few of you can appreciate that there's nothing sadly funnier than seeing a fat boy cry. I know, I know, I'm goin' to hell for sayin' it, but it's funny. And why, to quote Dane Cook, is it funny? Cuz it's true, hence, funny.

*Bullet* The only thing worse than having two days of vacation left is realizing that you only have one when you thought you had two. Monday's really gonna piss me off with that "Damn, I really thought I didn't have to be here today" mentality. And the part that pisses me off even more? I wrote my own damn schedule for this coming week *Shock*. What the hell was I thinking?

Ok y'all, that's my Saturday for ya. Due to a mix-up in the prompting schedule, I won't have to write the prompt for the 18th. I'll hit the bloggers up with the prompt tomorrow night for the 19th...hope nobody's confused. I'm cool with it. Gonna relax after a busy day today for a busy day tomorrow. Peace and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734350-This-ones-about-cans-and-cannots