*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730160-Market-Day-Poetry-Reading
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#730160 added July 31, 2011 at 2:40am
Restrictions: None
Market Day; Poetry Reading
ME:

I look at the hits at You-Tube and wonder if I could make a vlog and post it. Lords knows I have enough pictures and enough poetry and even know talented friends who could provide music. I'd have to learn how to do it though...

In the mean-time, I calculate that my blogs have generated over 87,000 views. Not bad, not great, but not bad-at-all. *Smile*

My next project both here and at facebook is to make a list and make sure I visit everyone. Kinda like sending out Xmas cards or letters... just notes to stay in touch. Not much, but it's something. If I can find the right picture for the right person I might even cheer them up.

Today, I met new people at Terah's. Kate had invited me and Travis wanted to come too, so I knew at least 4 people. We all read poetry or prose. Brandon chose to read the Earl of Rochester (not one of his bawdy works, but he is definitely under-read and under-appreciated). Travis read a story. Aaron sang (and yodeled) and read a poem his grandfather, Jim Jennings had written years ago). Kate, Marshall, me, Sean Farraher and Terah read poetry.

Katie said... "read the 4th one down" so I pulled out "A radiant moon has set". Also read "Speak soft my name", "I, Katrina", and the poem I wrote for Shaziane, "In the midst of silence". Gave Terah a copy of Trash.1 *Smile*.

Earlier in the day I went to market with Travis to show him around the three town markets that grace downtown Missoula every Saturday all summer-long. We bought cherries. Somehow I've eaten them all... *Rolleyes* I should've bought coffee and finally got a poppy-seed roll as I was not feeling well. (Duh, no breakfast or coffee and wandering around in the hot sun...). So... I had to go home, get out of the sun and take a nap. Which I did, missing the CelticFest. Seems I can't do everything.

Now it's late and I'm feeling a tad better and perkier.

I should get back on a Costa Rica diet and schedule. At least I remembered to buy rice recently.

So that's how my day went and disappeared. *Smile*
23,051

© Copyright 2011 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730160-Market-Day-Poetry-Reading