*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730068-Forget-me-nots-and-pecan-pie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#730068 added July 30, 2011 at 2:00am
Restrictions: None
Forget-me-nots and pecan pie.
ME:

I went through Greenough Park today. A couple of the bridges are back in service. Spoke to a youth by the one at the north end of the island... he has been making pools by moving rocks. A neat idea as little children can now sit in the water. His big brown dog was enjoying it!

Forget-me-nots, clover and black cherries. The heat and low humidity, the cooler shade and the splatter of water over stones and rocks. Got a couple pictures. Mostly though, I just inhaled it all until the mosquitoes started biting.

I managed to transfer money to my local account that I will use to buy plane tickets. Wish me luck on that one! I realized that my limit wasn't high enough to buy a ticket to England.

So, I need to get serious about buying it by Wednesday or call the bank and go through this again.

Maybe I should start in Glasgow, go to Edinburgh, to York, then Manchester/Sheffield? I no longer know which is best. Regardless, it will cost. If I know dates I can book hotels 21 days in advance for 19 pounds at Travel Lodge! I really do plan to stay with friends, but expect to be on my own for part of the time.

Then there's that crazy idea of spending 3 or 4 days in Iceland... or visiting a friend in Berlin... or Alfred in Paris ...or Moes in Copenhagen. Some things may have to wait till next trip. I really can't imagine traveling for more than a month. Plus, the expense...

So... I did treat myself to creole peanut soup with a slice of rosemary bread at Butterfly Herbs this afternoon and a coffee and a slice of pecan pie at The Break Espresso after my walk. And I am feeling better mentally and emotionally than yesterday and physically better than this morning (don't ask). I just ate a tuna melt (with cheddar) and I'm fading, but it isn't bedtime yet.

When I'm traveling I look forward to these days of not going anywhere. When I'm sitting do little, I dream of traveling.
23,000 minus 3

© Copyright 2011 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730068-Forget-me-nots-and-pecan-pie