*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/729124-Day-19---A-Little-Saltwater-For-The-Soul
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1523686
Nothing like a fortune cookie to make a year intriguing.
#729124 added July 20, 2011 at 6:25pm
Restrictions: None
Day 19 - A Little Saltwater For The Soul
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Day 19: Sea Lady
What does the sea mean to you?

Prompt Creator: Finn O'Flaherty


         My relationship with the ocean was slow in building. At first, we weren't on the same page in terms of emotions. I thought she was a bit too immense for my understanding. The churning waves, the feel of salt left on my skin, the utter sense of being with something that is as old as time. I think we had maturity issues. She was just too old for me. I was just too immature for her.

         As I grew older I began to understand her changing ways. The ebb and flow of her tides as well as the calming sense of just standing by her throughout the day was serene. I could go to her and speak my mind without judgment. I could sit on the sands without having the say a word and we can be content. It is easy to sink into her rhythm.

         Since my first meeting with her all those years ago, I have grown to love the sea. She is moody and solid and tormented and serene. We have a kinship. I love to have her close by, and can't image what I would do without her. We're soul-mates. *Smile*

© Copyright 2011 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/729124-Day-19---A-Little-Saltwater-For-The-Soul