*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728810-Day-16---The-Creative-Craft
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1523686
Nothing like a fortune cookie to make a year intriguing.
#728810 added July 16, 2011 at 10:23pm
Restrictions: None
Day 16 - The Creative Craft
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Day 16: The Creative Craft
In terms of your artistic/writing craft, comment on the following idea:
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious"
. ~~Einstein
"What shakes the eye but the invisible?" ~~ Theodore Roethke
Prompt Creator: eyestar~*


         As a writer, it feels like every time I put thought to paper it is in the pursuit of the mysterious. Everyone experiences writing in a different way - the characters come first and seem to tell their story, or the thread of a plot pops in the brain and it needs to be followed. Whether "Mystery" is the genre being written or simply the mystery is what happens next, it is a beautiful thing. Raw, messy, emotional mystery.

         The same would go with life, it seems. Striving forward for that invisible, illusive dream. Like knitting. This is a weird visual, but hear me out. Every time my mom purchased a new skein of yarn, one of my siblings or I would have to help unravel it from the factory style and help roll it into a more easily accessible ball. Life is like the yarn without being able to see the color or feel the texture. In the end, if we're blessed with the ability, we get to see the finished ball.

         A poet and a scientist. Working in to very different fields, yet were able to come close to the same conclusion. In my belief, it seems like the another example of how we're connected as a human race. Connections. It's all about connections. Sometimes visible, sometime invisible. Fun in the craft.

         I love these quotes! What an excellent prompt. *Smile*

© Copyright 2011 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728810-Day-16---The-Creative-Craft