*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728651-Sunburn-and-Sugar-coated-Naughty-Dreaming
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#728651 added July 14, 2011 at 3:56pm
Restrictions: None
Sunburn and Sugar-coated Naughty Dreaming...
Normally my absence from blogging would be of concern except that the absence is do to productivity rather than disinterest or laziness. The warm weather has given my job a boost of new activity that has kept me busy and I have spent my free time actually writing pieces that are good candidates for publication..at last. The dry spell was becoming troublesome but I took up a challenge and took a risk and the end result was a piece I am really proud of. As a rule, I don't participate in a lot of contests but this one was for a good cause and there was a wide field of competitors representing some of the best writers in the erotica genre community. I had some doubts going in...my piece turned the required prompt on its end and was the only piece that did not contain an actual sex act...two big risks when taking on other authors with bigger and better reputations than me. I took a chance and to my delight, my piece took top honors. I'm in the process of shopping it out now, hoping I can secure some more publishing credits and possibly something a bit stronger than token pay. It is nice to surprise myself sometimes. I have to wonder if my recent boost in creative brain activity was due to a really bad sunburn that, in addition to being really painful, also gave me a series of very bizarre dreams. But Sinfully Sweet is largely about chocolate...so maybe I have just been exceptionally hungry? I supposed I will never know...


© Copyright 2011 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728651-Sunburn-and-Sugar-coated-Naughty-Dreaming