*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726159-Jerkiness
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#726159 added June 13, 2011 at 11:33pm
Restrictions: None
Jerkiness
Jerkiness

My brother and his wife came up and helped care for my mother the last year of her life. I was executor and under the circumstances everyone got along great and I really appreciate what Norman and my Sister-In-Law did to help out.

As we were closing out the estate, Norman was taking the Real Estate Agent for a tour of my Parent’s property in the John Deere Gator. On the tour he hit a branch and the plastic fender tore along with the rear passenger panel.

Today I fixed it with epoxy glue and a backing of sheet metal and rivets. It might not look great but replacing the panels would have been an unnecessary expense. My wife is wringing her hands and giving me that sarcastic….”Do you think we are destined for the Poor House look.” No! we aren’t but what the heck, every little bit helps….Linda will be retiring in six months and her nursing income will be missed, but we will get by none the less.

In addition I tried to get the Dodge and 53 Ford running but to no avail. The batteries are dead and I am hoping an overnight charge will bring one or the other back to life.

While I was working on the Gator, Frankie brought a mouse in and ate it in front of me. That is one gross spectacle to watch and I don’t recommend it to anyone.

Today I played catch up on a class I am taking… Having taught one makes you more conscious of getting your lesson in on time. Its an HSP class and I decided to write lesson 3 at the E level. I’ll get chewed out by the instructor but what else is new? My jerkiness has a negative effective on the people around me and I have only myself to blame. Plus I am a grumpy old man at times and prone to tirades. Between the news and the Susan Anthony trial I am disgusted with TV and ought to follow the advice of my friend Karen and turn it off. My wife however, likes the TV blaring while she multi-tasks which is a necessary part of her constant need for noise. We are so different but seem to get along most of the time. Actually she is an amusing companion and my life would be ever so dull without her company.

My goodness, I actually wrote this blog with only one typo… JERKINESS. I thought I made up that word.

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726159-Jerkiness