*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/725537-Sunday-not-in-the-park-But-planning-and-preparing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#725537 added June 5, 2011 at 3:38pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday not-in-the-park. But planning and preparing!
ME:

I want to go out and play!

It's a beautiful day. Not as lovely as yesterday ...that was awesome! Blue skies and warm. 68 now and it's only 1 pm. 70s here we come. *Bigsmile*

A week from now I'll be somewhere in Costa Rica probably complaining about the heat. The high temperatures shouldn't be too bad. May hit 90 if I visit Guanacaste, but with the night temps only getting down to 70 that might bother me. I'm not accustomed to the humidity nor heat. I tend to stay in cheap places that don't have a/c.

I plan to visit a region I haven't seen since 1974 and go to places I've never been. One place, Ciudad Quesada is a potential place to reside during our Montana winter. It's cooler than Perez Zeledon (a plus), a regional hub (market town?), but... what about my writing? PZ has a lot going for it.

I'll be gone one month. Plenty of time to catch up with a couple friends. Hopefully not too long that I wear out (I was toast by week 5 last time). I'm looking forward to seeing Johnny in PZ and deciding a strategy for staying there come December.

Which reminds me: I need to ask about language schools. Tricia is looking for one (December-April). If there's one in PZ could we share a two bedroom place? That would be a great advantage! She's quite independent. Loves to hike, ride bike, explore. I'd be sore pressed to keep up with her. But I know the country and culture better. A furnished place should be available for $300.

So today is meeting with friends at 6 for a writing session. We were 3 last week; we'll see. Some of the prompts: color of verdigris; shape of a puzzle piece; sound of crunching; fragrance of yarrow; touch of charcoal; taste of garlic.

I also need to attack my place. I usually get energy the last day, but wouldn't it be nice to get some things done before then?

Yesterday: bought a back-up Kodak camera ...$80 ...not totally amused with it. Bought color ink for my printer ...$25 ...may get to play before I leave if I behave. A back-up battery for my Panasonic at $40 ...not thrilled with the price. Oh ...ticket to Los Angeles ...$74 ...$30 cheaper than if I would've bought the ticket the day before on-line! So I didn't do bad.

I have box sitting with items to pack. I just throw all potential items in it. Then I'll need to choose. I'll forget something, of course. I'll have to leave something behind due to space, of course. This is the fun of traveling ... *Rolleyes* ...of course. The young woman who sold me the ticket to LALA told me how she can pack the night before for a two month trip. I believe it! But, I think starting now is better. *Laugh*
22,163



© Copyright 2011 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/725537-Sunday-not-in-the-park-But-planning-and-preparing