*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722521-Dedicated-to-the-entry-you-didnt-see
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#722521 added April 18, 2011 at 7:40pm
Restrictions: None
Dedicated to the entry you didn't see.
Good evening...allow me to set the mood by telling you what the past few days have been like with this song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0EsZSJIypE

Last time I tried to blog, I discovered late-nighting it wasn't for me. I tried to bang out a nice long one, thought I saved it, and oops, must not have. Damn if there isn't a more disappointing feeling for a writer to not have their game backed up. Back in the day, that kinda thing would've shut me down for months (gotta trust me on my experience with that). The more disappointing aspect of that was I was gonna introduce a new feature to the space, the "One Drink Review", wherein I get some new music and try to review it in one listen, and it only takes one drink of your favorite soda/beer/tea/coffee/blood to read it and fall in love with it. Or hate it. And hate me. But it can take only a sip to hate. Moving on....

That whole "One Drink Review" idea's gonna become a steady feature in this here parts, once I get over the loss of a blog entry. Shit, it ain't like leavin' a notebook of poetry in a copy machine at a supermarket for a girl who in the end wasn't quite matching your level of interest. And if I can turn you on to one song by one band you may never have the chance to hear, I'll feel like my job is done.

So I'm not even gonna get into all of the car problems we've had over the last two years. That's another blog entry all to itself, when the day is fitting. No, last night sucked but it was manageable...show up to pick Jess the CWC up at work, around 20 after 10. Pull up in my usual spot, chill, turn up some music, and wait for the people to come out.

Out comes a coworker who's dropping bundles of who-knows-what all over the place. Drop the window to offer some sarcasm, and she replies with "your tire is very, very low". Ouch. Thanks for the info, now can you fix it?

See I don't do good with cars. They don't live long under my stewardship. We just got new tires a few weeks ago, now why I gotta get a flat one? *Rolleyes*

We filled it at the gas station across the street and made it home. If we checked it in the morning, and it was still low, we'd take it back and get it replaced under warranty. Which we did. Only this kid didn't only make it through the morning asleep, his body decided he wanted to keep it going until almost 1pm. First time in a long time that could actually happen. *Smile*

Got that fixed, got a lot accomplished, and got through the day where it felt like we never had been out of the house. Seriously, Foursquare needs to make me the mayor of Foursquare, for all of the goings-around I did today. I've even got haters on Foursquare. That's bad...on them! *Smirk*

Anyway, this week's been one of those "fits and spurts" kind of weeks. All or nothing I guess...comes and goes. Real-time cliches and some of those "awww, sweeeeeet!" moments, all boiled down into a few days. Sprinkle in some outlandishness, and it makes for a nice sample of what I go through.

VITAL STATS:

*Bullet* A missing entry certainly lets your numbers stagnante.

*Bullet* I have some emails awaiting me...one is surely from Scrapple-hater and Philidel-fan Julie D - PUBLISHED! , haterading on me about the Flyers beating the Sabres the other day. I laid low on her about the Sabres shutting them out on Thursday, so I'm gonna keep it low now. It's a seven game series. There will be ebbs and flows. The Sabres showed a lot of discipline down the strecth by not taking a lot of penalties, and I doubt they'll take as again like they did in Game 2. If they play their game, in their building, there's no reason they can't be up 3-1 when they go back to Philly. Philly may have the talent and balls, but if the Sabres stick to the system and keep their heads on, plus get some clutch scoring, they can hang with the Flyers and their unproven goaltending.

*Bullet* After traipsing the area today (and Foursquare me if you dare doubt me), this entry was created during this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw8PpYBiDsc, which is something I had on my old iPod that was backed up on the computer of some people I don't even know anymore. Jess the CWC's son grabbed the Gorillaz's discography today before we set out to "go for breakfast". As you can tell, breakfast didn't happen. But we were a part of this: http://www.dennys.com/. And no, I didn't try the bacon sundae. I don't do sweets much and I wasn't about to do maple syrup on ice cream. Denny's, although I love Maple Bacon, you need to find me a better way to do bacon with ice cream. Throw some chocolate in there or something, skip maple, and I'm down to try it. Or....

*Bullet* Do I need to restart my chocolate bacon crusade again?? Huh?? Who hears me now?? Thought so.

*Bullet* Thanks to Theee CWC for today.

That's all I've got for today. Ideas in April are like snow in April...sometimes it comes, sometimes it doesn't. Today, both came. And usually, I motherfussbucket them both. Today, I lucked myself. Can't wait to see how karma plays with that last couple of sentences. GOODNIGHT NOW!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722521-Dedicated-to-the-entry-you-didnt-see