*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722343-Dog-bark-and-prose-poems
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#722343 added April 15, 2011 at 4:56pm
Restrictions: None
Dog bark and prose-poems
ME:

I went to my writing group last night, but it is frustrating. Socializing is important but it gets late and my stuff doesn't improve with the hour. Did have 3 things read back to me though. Nona doesn't have a poetic bone in her body but she reads my prose-poems well! *Bigsmile* Hopefully we-all helped her with a query letter for the novel she has finished.

Dillon loves me; Oona barks up a storm; Pedro huddles. Oona did get a talking to by the alpha female; then, she calmed down and even licked my hand.

Missed out on Melissa Kwasny's reading of her prose-poems I'm reading; but, I can't do it all and Thursdays are usually a juggle between conflicting meetings and other opportunities.

Got up later than I should've again. Had my rice and beans, popcorn... I need coffee!

Yesterday I went to Spanish Circle and was delighted to see that Virginia was back from her jaunt to Thailand/India/Cambodia/Laos/Vietnam. She's backpacked around the world for over 40 years so she's used to traveling. However, this time she noticed how folks wanted to 'help' her. At age 69 she's not ready to quit, but may consider a travel companion. She mentioned Namibia/South-Africa. Like in elephants. She got my interest!

Also found out that a member of our group dropped dead last week. Eric died suddenly and unexpectedly.

Time marches on ...and on days I don't feel well ...well, I wonder.

Big spender! I bought socks, underwear and a book holder today. Spent $5.50. At least I remembered to pay the rent yesterday (rent day was late this month). Still need a camera. Need zoom, need macro. *Bigsmile*

51º, bright ☼ no sun.
21,668

© Copyright 2011 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722343-Dog-bark-and-prose-poems