*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721967-Thats-not-a-gaze-by-somebody-whos-with-us
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#721967 added April 10, 2011 at 7:50pm
Restrictions: None
That's not a gaze by somebody who's with us.
Good evening and a happy Sunday to you all! I wasn't gonna stop by today, then I did. I had things I wanted to rant about, but I won't. Instead, I have something I need to speak to.

The NHL regular season is now done (save for the Min/Dal game playing in the background). Lo and behold, the first shot has been fired in what will be a lengthy battle between "The City Of Brotherly Love" and "The City Of Good Neighbors" over the next two weeks. And no, it hasn't come in the press between the Flyers and the Sabres. It is here, on these WDC pages, courtesy of one Julie D - PUBLISHED! .

I'm not gonna post pics of CWC's cats with Sabres stickers on them (even if I could catch them and have them on long enough to get the camera and take a few shots). I don't have any pics to my knowledge of me with any Sabres, or any professional athletes, for that matter. But I have this...and even if both of these players no longer play for their respective organizations anymore, and even if the Sabres don't even wear the same colors anymore, it's a clean, legal hit, even in today's NHL. So take that, Jules... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Gvfr9GUC0

I'm not gonna lie...I posted it a few times on Facebook last night. It brought me joy. *Smile*

What I love almost as much as the hit in that video is the ironic background music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI-o25K6B-E. I have to say though, RJ's call at the beginning of the first video is vintage playoff hockey broadcasting at its finest.

So that's what I've got for today. A handshake and a "good luck" to you, Julie, courtesy of the blue and gold. And I hope we don't embarrass you too much. *Smirk*

VITAL STATS:

*Bullet* According to the weather app on my phone, it's 77 beautiful degrees in The 'Lo, breezy, slightly cloudy with no humidity and NONE of the rain that was forecasted. 'Bout time, Spring! Can't wait to be blogging from the porch or patio!

*Bullet* I had the house to myself for most of the afternoon...stay tuned as to why, as I should promote Jess the CWC's activities a little from time to time. I'm just gonna enjoy my me-time a little bit more for now, as she's on her way home. There's nothing like having a quiet house to disrupt with loud music and hockey!

*Bullet* Almost at 400 looks and a few new friends along the way. Not a bad week over here, fo' sho! *Wink*

*Bullet* Speaking of loud music, this entry was created while listening to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8BuAVVNh6w while the aforementioned hockey game lingers in the background. A nice, epic song is only the first step to an epic journey of devotion that is the NHL Playoffs. Save it, bring it, and share it. GOOD DAY NOW!!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721967-Thats-not-a-gaze-by-somebody-whos-with-us