*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721790-Try-finding-this-on-Foursquare
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#721790 added April 7, 2011 at 8:58pm
Restrictions: None
Try finding this on Foursquare...
Good evening everyone...if you've stuck around here long enough you'll see that I've been draped a little....up there, next to the blog's title and "book item" icon....see it? Look a lil bit harder. It's a blue ribbon! Yay me! I hope someday to find a nice set of matching curtains. *Wink*

For those of you unfamiliar with the way Writing.com (heretofore mentioned, and will be so going forward, as WDC for the uninitiated) works, is that members can comment and rate items. Members can also leave you fun little gifts as terms of appreciation of your work and skills. That's what the blue ribbon is for. And who's it from (so that they may be so publicly thanked)? WDC members who don't already know, I'm telling you now: The one and only Julie D - PUBLISHED! is back! And it's about to get hot, folks.

Julie D and I have been pals for a little while now, then went mysteriously AWOL. No calls, no letters, not even a trace of DNA. Timed so coincidently ironic with the launch of this blog, almost a year after I ended my last one and probably three since our last correspondence, was the email announcing her revival as a WDC bloggist. Julie is a Philidelphian; a Philidel-fan, dare I even say. We've been known to go back and forth with her Phillies and my undying love for all-things-related Mets baseball. But those who know me know best that baseball season doesn't start 'til hockey season's over, y'all. Which leads me to make this bold prediction: The Philidelphia Flyers and Buffalo Sabres will meet in the first round of the NHL playoffs. I even put it in bold, cuz I believe it. And I put believe in italics cuz I really believe it. And I put....wait, I could be here forever.

So as the Sabres, who are guaranteed absolutely nothing yet, are roaring into the "second season", the Flyers are limping along into theirs. A #2 seed verses a #7 seed....smells like upset! And I promise the smack talk between Julie and I will be awesome. So stay tuned for that, and check her link out at the top/left of your screen. When you're done with this, of course. *Wink*

Anyway, to my Lancaster/Depew friends, how was that power outage last night? Pretty sweet, no? *Smirk* Yeah, no. Couldn't do anything. Stuck in a room as the sun's fading, faced with having to have conversation with everyone else. Luckily, I wasn't doing something like this and being cut off, only to be faced with arguing boys and whatnot. Such gladly was not the case. Hope there's no horror stories out there, friends. I think it was only out for 45 minutes to an hour or so. But still...

I've got this fun little app on my phone called Foursquare. It's totally stalker-heaven. You use it to "check-in" wherever you are, you get points for check-ins, and earn stuff like "Being The Mayor" of certain establishments if you check in often enough. Currently I am the Mayor of my work, Jess' work, my basement, and the Subway restaurant next to my work. My parents would be so proud to know that my once-promising political career now consists of that, if we actually liked each other *Smirk*.

The reason I mention this app (available at http://foursquare.com ) is that while I not only find it a little fun, but Lancaster's had two power outages in the last 2-3 months. I'm considering creating a venue and just listing the address as my zip code. And every damn time there's a power outage, I'll check in at "Lancaster Power Outage- AGAIN!!" and see how long it takes for me to become Mayor of that.

By the way, if you're ever on your way over and happen to be looking to check in, find me at "My ManCave" on 4sq (as the kids call it, I imagine, these days). I'm the dapper gentleman in the corner of the basement, on the right of the stairs.

VITAL STATS:

*Bullet* Orange is a great color, if you don't bleed blue and gold. *Smirk*

*Bullet* Gotta send a shout-out to my cool-shit friend Nicole, who I haven't talked to in awhile and I don't even know if she knows about this....drop a comment on Facebook and say hi! I should call ya sometime, I know. But I don't. Cuz I don't call anyone.

*Bullet* Thank you all for helping me top 300 hits so fast. I know it's not a big milestone, but it's pretty cool. *Smile*

*Bullet* This entry was created while listening to, among other things, the debut single by the Beastie Boys' keyboardist, recorded some time in 1998 I think. Maybe not. Maybe so. Still, it's fun. Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dqxYjkwfzY

That's it for tonight y'all. It'll be nice to sleep in before I make a dash to cover my mayorship at work around 8am or so. Peace!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721790-Try-finding-this-on-Foursquare