*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721663-Quick-To-the-ManCave
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#721663 added April 7, 2011 at 9:25pm
Restrictions: None
Quick! To the ManCave!
So I've been banished to my ManCave, apparently doing time for the "attitude" I copped after being given attitude. *Smirk*

Coincidentally, Jess reminded me that I hadn't blogged in a few days. Not that they've been all that interesting anyway. But there are a few things I'd like to share:

*Bullet* At 7:45am, after already being at work for two hours, this is definitely not the song I wanted to hear. Yet, it is definitely the song I heard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGytDsqkQY8 Besides the one Tragically Hip song, the one Modest Mouse song, and the one Jay-Z remix that occasionally gets some airplay, the song selection at work sucks.

*Bullet* The beautiful part about said ManCave is that it's nearing completetion *Smile*. Not sure when it was gonna happen, but thanks to our DirecTv DVR receiver in the living room nearly blowing up last night and necessitating a call to customer service, I'll finally have the ability to watch tv on my side of the basement. Once I get the dartboard hung, get a new cushion for the papasan chair, move a few more things around and get some pictures hung, I'll be straight pimpin' in the bottom of the house.

*Bullet* I generally, as a rule, make it point not to eat food that looks like baby food, but I'll make this one exception: Green Tea-Mango smoothies from Wegmans. I'm gonna make all the out-of-towners jealous here: http://www.wegmans.com

Give it up if your grocery store sells just about everything imaginable, plus it's a pizza shop, Chinese restaurant, coffee house, sub shop, dvd rental store, craft beer heaven and isn't Walmart! *Smile*

So this smoothie is absolutely addicting. Tastier than sin, almost as rewarding, and healthy. However, it is the color of strained peas, and looks as such. But it gets a pass in my book, just like the smelly kid in elementary school who always shares his cupcakes at lunch...looks can be, well, overlooked sometimes if the end-result is pure yummy goodness.

(EDIT NOTE): I forgot what I was gonna put in here. I made some spelling upgrades. Besides that, I forget...I may have gotten ahead of myself.

UPDATE: Looks like we'll have the new DVR in two days. Sweet. However, they want to charge us $69 for the additional (or as I like to call it, "ManCave-awesomizing") receiver. To which the response is "Ummm, not today..." when they want to tack on an additional charge for installing it. Just effing send it to me! I'll run the cable, drill the hole needed to run the cable, plug all the necessary wires in the proper color-coded spots, and set the tv up appropriately. They said they can't waive the installation fee on their end, but if we order it online, we'll have the option of waiving the bastard fee. Apparently, I have power that DirecTv customer service does not, yet it somehow still doesn't put a new receiver in my basement. This confounds me, and I'm confounded rarely. *Confused*

To further add to my confoundedness, when we moved into this house just over a year ago, they sent us two additional receivers and a man in a fancy van to hook them all up, no questions asked and no change of money from us to them. Ehh, still beats cable for price and picture quality in my book. That, and the NFL Sunday Ticket and upgrade to the "Holy Shit, that's everything!" movie package they offered us last fall for a piddly $6 extra a month pretty much seals the deal on that for me.

VITAL STATS:
*Bullet* Worked an awesome 5:45am-1:45pm (actually 2pm) shift today...lather, rinse and repeat it again tomorrow for another fun day of unloading shipment of product that everybody claims we're always out of anyway. If I'm even 10% lucky, I'll get a repeat of a near-rendition of this again tomorrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGWbt3DSje0 Yes, this sorta happened today. Thank you George, for probably the best day at work in a long time! And thank you for that also, George's better half Ashley, for making it possible...and for the Hot Sauce-infused, sliced chicken breast that made for some fantastic sandwiches on break! Sometimes I really do love my job! Not so much the work part, but you'll have that. (By the way, get it here: http://www.sausageguys.com/ ...I wonder if they ship out of town...).

*Bullet* This item was created under the influence of this song, which has been stuck in my head for reasons unknown all day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c6ngfrLgNw, Soul Coughing's "4 Out Of 5". I totally miss that band...and the lead singer's solo output is good, but not as great as the band was.

*Bullet* 274 views to date...Who's gonna be 275?

Questions, comments, or insults? Leave them in your comment box of preference, and they'll be sorted proper and addressed. Til then, I'm gonna negotiate some dinner and try to fall asleep at a reasonable hour. Hopefully with a belly full of pasta and a Sabres playoff birth clinched via Hartford Carolina losing to Detroit tonight. GOOD DAY NOW!!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721663-Quick-To-the-ManCave