*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/720709-Acter-de-geraniums-zitten
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#720709 added March 27, 2011 at 7:39pm
Restrictions: None
Acter de geraniums zitten
ME:

The morning yawned grey and dismal, so I let the day start without me. *Smirk*

Finally got up, took a shower and headed out to the university where the international festival was being held. I didn't eat beforehand as I knew there would be food.

And there was. Saw Elizabeth who lives down the hall from me and she insisted I try her polenta. I tried the one laden with butter and cheese. Also ate baklava, souvlaki, white bubble tea, rosette, almond bread, spring roll... I'll not be hungry tonight.

The souvlaki covers meat for me for awhile.

I've been eating more beans.

And the blender has been a marvel. I made vanilla pudding and added half a banana and a spoonful of blueberry jam. Didn't look great, but it was tasty!

And the toaster oven is great as well for reheating the buns I get from Bernice's Bakery. Yesterday I scored a small pan with a lid (lids are random around here...). Cooked up my cilantro, garlic, carrot, rice ...and beans in it.

I wonder whether blended beans would go good in a milkshake?

Anyhoo, the day began late but I'm managing to survive it. In other news my alma mater, Kansas, lost to VCU - Virginia Commenwealth (#11). And Kentucky (#4) won joining Connecticut (#3) and Butler (#8). The top #1 and #2 seeds are all gone.

At the festival I spoke to an old Norwegian from Minnesota and a young Dutchman, Tim from Brabant. Ah, I so do not want to be "achter de geraniums zitten". I could be you know. Sit and do nothing. There are days when that's about how much energy I have. I am thankful that I got out.

Oh ...and there's been a bit of late afternoon *Sun*.
21,454

© Copyright 2011 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/720709-Acter-de-geraniums-zitten