*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/720028-Survived-the-green-folk-wee-or-otherwise
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#720028 added March 18, 2011 at 5:35pm
Restrictions: None
Survived the green folk ...wee or otherwise.
ME:

Yep. Survived the leprechauns and other annoyances. No pinches...

Even was caught wearing green ...my jacket's green...

So, went to a reading of Wild Mercy. Seated in the back on a day the mic wasn't working meant I didn't hear it all. The first guy really needs some help strengthening language. I'd start like I do with my poetry ...trying to eliminate "be" and "the". Amazing how getting rid of those two words tightens the prose and lightens the poetic load. *Smile*

Later, I was inspired to write a ditty during the essay on mustangs (silly, not likely to post).

I have been putting poetic sketches on line again:

"Walk right past
"March dog and [untitled]
"A certain melancholy
"The last board

My old blog L'aura del Campo won't feel so neglected this way and once entered here these short writings are easier to revise, edit and print.

*Sun* Now if it would only warm up!

So I decided to eat a potato yesterday... I used up the diced peaches by adding them to bacon-chunks, heated those two and served it over a micro-baked potato. Yum!

At the market I picked up three apples and some ripe pears... they're next.

I've got lots of smoked bacon ends to use up and about 4 pounds of taters.

When I got home from market last night, a young man offered to help me with my bags. So, I said yes ...he said he's from Dillon and living on the streets. I gave him white tea while we chatted. Typical nutty-family story. Heard it so many times... it's one of the major contributors to homelessness. He's been in Missoula 4 days. Advised him to go to Butterfly Herbs. Many young almost-homeless hang out there. And two of the workers are from Dillon.

Hopefully, he went there today. It breaks my heart. But ...I decided, reluctantly, to show him out. My space is tiny ...and I can't take on anyone else. The drama in Kansas nearly killed me.

So wish Torren a happy life ...one not on the streets.
21,330

Yellow cheer from sarah

© Copyright 2011 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/720028-Survived-the-green-folk-wee-or-otherwise