*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/717014-Back
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#717014 added February 1, 2011 at 10:04pm
Restrictions: None
Back
Came back yesterday but didn't feel much like blogging.

I'm reminded why New York City is a good place to visit, but not to live: there was two feet of snow on the ground, and that's not in the places where plows piled it up, usually on top of people's cars. Oh, it's fine in the summer, but NYC winters are freaking miserable.

And they're going to get more snow from all the global warming headed their way now.

There was a path about 3' wide to the gravesite, and no room to stand around it. I couldn't even see my mom's headstone from all the snow, and of course my aunt's headstone wasn't there yet.

And naturally, dealing with my family was stressful. I know some people just take that sort of thing in stride as expected, but I'm on a mission to reduce stress in my life - which means there are certain family members I deal with as little as possible. Which, in retrospect, adds to the stress, because they end up sending me on guilt trips for not doing family shit. Hell, my aunt guilt-tripped me from beyond the grave. I'd like to say I'll miss her guilt trips, but I won't. I'll miss everything else, though.

My cousin, however, is cool, and so is his wife. I stayed with them in Manhattan.

So Sunday night, after the funeral, feeling stressed and crappy, I went in search of a Bar. It being Manhattan, it didn't take me long to find one. I felt better after a couple of beers, which either says something about me or about beer.

Looks like the Snowmaggedon storm is going to miss us here in Virginia, anyway, so there's that.

© Copyright 2011 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/717014-Back