*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713550-Concrete-nouns-and-active-verbs
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#713550 added December 13, 2010 at 7:36pm
Restrictions: None
Concrete nouns and active verbs
Lesson 7 Part 1 – Prosperous Snow
Written in July 2009
Characters


Jeff, one of the biggest men you could imagine, walked heavily through the antique store, while Ginnie's eyes looked quickly at each item left quivering in his wake.

Six foot five Jeff stomped through the antique store, while Gennie’s eyes darted at the Ming Vase which quivered in his wake.

The big fuzzy dog lazily fell to the floor.

The Saint Bernard flopped to the floor.

A dirty homeless man walked across the street slowly, as the large crowd of people quickly walked around him.

The crowd sped past the bedraggled homeless man who trudged across the street.

The pretty girl who sits at the front desk and answers the phone, carefully typed a letter quitting her job to her big fat employer.

The strawberry blonde receptionist used the hunt and peck system to type her letter of resignation addressed to her overweight boss.

The mean looking, bald cop, a really little guy, loudly told us to move quickly from the area.

The short cop scowled and ordered us to vacate the court house.

The thin taxi driver suddenly braked, causing Beth, his passenger, a blonde haired, blued-eyed woman, to rapidly react.

The underweight cab driver slammed on his brakes, which caused Beth to shake her blonde head and curse.

When Ted walked in I noticed right away that he was dressed impeccably, but when he started talk I hastily moved away, as his breath was very bad.

When Ted entered the room, I noticed he was wearing an Armani suite, but when spoke his breath smelled like onions and raw fish.

Nancy, the oldest woman in our office, works very diligently, and faithfully arrives early every day.

Nancy, the senior secretary, arrives thirty minutes early to begin her days work.

Sally sat silently, waiting for someone else to speak first.

Sally smiled, as she waited for a senior manager to speak.

I anxiously waited for my brown-eyed, beefy husband to get home, so I could happily tell him the news.

Twisting my hair, I waited for Rodger, my boxing instructor husband, to get home so I could tell him the joyous news.

Carlita walked silently through the pitch black of the deserted, empty house, fingers pushing lightly on each closed door.

Carlita tiptoes through the darkness of the old mansion, pushing at each closed door.

John hurriedly ate his burger and fries.

John gobbled his burger and fries.

The little brown-eyed girl quietly moved behind the couch to hide from her big brother.

The diminutive brown-eyed Sara slipped behind the couch to hide from her older brother.

She wrote the report unusually neatly.

She wrote the report in long hand without a single eraser mark.

I was visibly upset when the big scary man looked at me with evil eyes.

I trembled when the huge man scowled at me.



© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713550-Concrete-nouns-and-active-verbs