*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713543-Sometimes-you-meet-someone-nice
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#713543 added December 13, 2010 at 6:25pm
Restrictions: None
Sometimes you meet someone nice...
ME:

Met someone last night... hope springs eternal!

Today I'm in Uvita and it is pouring rain. I didn't get to the beach and I might not tomorrow before I leave. There's not much to keep me here.

Did get lost on the way to the waterfalls... then found the Cascadas Verde, which I might try next time. But... not much in Uvita. I finally got to the restaurant and waterfalls. I ate pinto con pescado (fish = róbalo) with a banano en leche. A bit pricey but it was very very good. *Smile*

I took photos of the waterfalls and somehow managed not to slip nor fall. Got soaked walking back though.

Not it is pouring.

I'm at the Tucan. Free wifi, coffee. $10/night. Cascadas Verde would be $12 with similar offerings except it is roomier, airier (and more of a walk).

The bus ride was mostly uneventful. The road is a roller-coaster and they are still cleaning up from the floods in early November. Watching our bus and an over-long truck negotiate a curve was amusing. The truck should not have been on this road, IMHO.

Anyhoo... little sleep last night *Smile* so tonight I will drop off.
20,744

© Copyright 2010 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713543-Sometimes-you-meet-someone-nice