*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713483-My-Inspiration
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#713483 added December 12, 2010 at 11:46pm
Restrictions: None
My Inspiration
Writing Assignment 2: My Inspiration
Written for Turning on the Light January 2010


Finding one incident is difficult because there have been several in my life. However, I think the most inspiring incident or incidents occurred when I was a child. At the time, I did not know those incidents were inspiring because they were a series of dreams. Three dreams to be precise and they have remained with me since they first occurred.

Two of the dreams had the same theme, while the other appeared to have an entirely different theme. Two of the dreams took place at my childhood home on West College in Blackwell, Oklahoma. The other dream took place in my grandparents’ house located in the smelter heights in Blackwell.

In the first dream, I saw Christ returning in the clouds. The light surrounding his face was so bright that it hid his features. The only thing I could see was his eyes. His eyes were much brighter then the light surrounding his head. The light surround him encompassed his entire being. The clouds that surrounded him were gloriously bright with the light. The only thing I have ever witnessed that comes close is the brightness of the sun shining through clouds on a partly cloudy day.

In the second dream, I heard a airplane flying overhead. I looked up and saw bomb bay doors open. Next, I saw a huge bomb dropping from those doors. When the bomb hit it target it exploded into a bright light followed by a mushroom cloud rising from black smoke and dust.

In the third dream, someone knocked at the side door of my grandparents’ home. I answered the door and there stood a childhood friend. She said to me, “Come to church at the Baptist Mission this weekend because Christ will return that day.” I looked at her and said, “No he won’t because he has already returned.” I woke up before she could say anything else to me.

How did these dreams inspire me? These dreams have kept me going. Their memory returns each time I encounter some sort of life altering difficulty. The dreams themselves do not return, but their memory returns to encourage me to continue striving in the face of insurmountable problems. Of course, I find a solution, but I at the time the problems occur they appear insoluble. I remember one or all of the dreams and find a solution to the difficulty I am facing.

How did the dreams influence my writing or creative endeavor at that time? I do not know how the dreams influenced me at the time. I know that ever since I have wanted to write. As a child, I attempted to do a family “newspaper” and write poetry. I think I have lost all my childhood writing efforts because of moves.

How can I use the memory of the dreams to improve your writing now? I can write more about the dreams. I can use freewriting exercises to analyze the dreams and to bring my thoughts about them from my subconscious. I can even use the dreams to enhance the plots of stories or write more poems with those themes.

Word count: 520


© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713483-My-Inspiration